Never Ending Story

Admin

I am thinking about bringing back the Never Ending Story to Recreational Flying. For those that don't know what it is, it is a single thread with users adding posts that add to the previous post but leaves the end of their post open to someone else to reply to thus creating a never ending story. If you would like to have a look at it, it is at:

https://www.whatsupaustralia.com.au/threads/the-never-ending-story.510/

It sort of died down when I moved the Off Topic funnies over to the Off Topic site Whats Up Australia. It is a real laugh as almost anything goes and most often it is a funny did at another user who then replies and on it goes.

So what do you think, should we move it back to here at Recreational Flying, keep it aviation related as much as possible (if that's even possible at all)?

In fact I know I have asked this before but is it even worth bringing the whole Off Topic section back in a very cut down version of Sport, Auto/Bikes and General Off Topic?

Please, Please bring back NES!  But perhaps we should start anew?  The old NES was longer than a TurboPainer treatise on Public Liability and just marginally shorter than FlyCyclone's ignore list!  There's new Jabs to bash, Savs to batter, Part 61 to 149 to lampoon and new users to pick on. 

Manual quizzed the NES - "How To Fly?"  "Fry?" replied the Bex Special search engine. "To fry first take ...

The next poster finishes the sentence and starts a new one ...  You get the idea?  :happy:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Guys guys ok then I will bring the NES back to Recreational Flying and continue on. It may take a couple of days but should be good if only we can get Turbopander to stay away from insurance ?

Savs to batter

Ahhhh, battered savs - a childhood treat

Although, having visited Scotland last month, battered, deep fried Mars bars may have just taken over as my number 1, heart attack inducing confection.....

sort of related,

what about a random thought thread?

We have one on a motorcycle forum I frequent.

its by far the most used and valued thread.  we use it just to make comments about things we encounter in life, pose questions that don't need a whole thread and post about things going on in our lives. its sort of a catch-all place, and helps build a sense of community.

I think that is something that could be started in the Off Topic site Whats Up Australia (Off Topic on the main menu here)...any other thoughts?