Suzuki Engine

Guest danda

Guest danda

I am thinking of putting a 3cyl Suzuki engine in my little Diamond has anyone had any experance with these and can you share your experance with me.

Don

Guest ozzie

try Paul Crowfoot, he fitted one to a Lohle 51/51. I belive he tried two versions. someone at Cessnock/ Hunter Valleymay have a contact for him.

regards Ozzie

Guest danda

Thanks Ozzie I will It will be good to get back home for a little while I'm Originally form Singleton and have a son in Maitland, Love the place although everytime I manage to get back its changed gee its grown fast.

Don

Guest ozzie

Don, i did a quick search on these engines and was amazed at how many types of aircraft they were being fitted to. the russians with the crop spraying trikes seemed to have it all worked out. they appear to be very reliable and "easy" to either build or fit a raven type redrive to them. definately worth looking into.

The 'Valley' is getting bigger i was away for 10 years and fell over when i saw how much the houses had gone up in value. i am at Greta and they just keep opening up new estates. almost time to move futher out. Shame to see the strip at Singleton just sitting there with none flying off it. the new owner apparently has no interest in aviation so it wont be long before that too is a housing estate. should be a law against it. good luck with your engine hunt Ozzie

Guest danda

Ozzie I have come across a fellow in Brisbane who also has redrives for many motors http://www.suziauto.com/ thats his web site the price $2750 inc gst. 2.5:1 ratio

for the Suzuki plus a motor at what $500 to $1000 much cheeper is dollars are short.

I lived in Greta I met my wife there had many beers in that pub also even the workers club.

I don't know who owns the strip at Singleton now but your right it is a shame to se it sit idle i don't know weather or not the one at warkworth is still running they use to have a big glider club there.

Holbrook has a good airpark and homes arn't all that expencive. {just a thought)

Don