flying schools in sydney(PLS HELP)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi

i live nearParramatta &im looking for a flying school in sydney and was hoping someone would be able to give me some advise, possible someone has some good experiences with a particular school/club that they would recommend.

i have been up in a Jabiru and i really loved it,

i do have some flying experince, i have done 30 hours in a c152 and some solo circuits, but that was about 3 years ago,

i like the idea of ultralights as the price is very appealing and it just seems to be lots of fun.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

You need to go out to The Oaks (South West of Camden) any weekend, or even some weekdays.

Two operations out there, one with Jabirus, and one with real pilots in taildragging LightWings! ;)

Try, 0425 25 1939.

Arthur.

and one with real pilots in taildragging LightWings! ;) Arthur.

- Now Now, keep it cleanThis reminds me of a joke:

How can you tell a pilot at a party.......

Don't worry..............

he'll come and tell you

Another option closer to parramatta is Sydney Jabiru flying school at Hoxton park, about 30mins or less drive from parra now the M7 is finshed, Ashley their is a fantastic teacher and will teach you stuff abve and beyond the syllubus, i have been flying with them for yrs, 2 Jabiru online, and i believe Ash is now capable of training for a PPL as well as RAA. ill be flying there this weekend.

with 30 hrs, there shouldnt be much to do in conversion, if you havn't done the GFPT yet you will have to do the RAA BAK, and a few short navs to get a cross country endorsment. then its an easy step to a GA licence if you wish.

Ultralights

Guest Guest

thanks for all that it really has helped.

just a question what is thebig advantage about taildraggers?

• 1 month later...
Guest TConnor
has anybody flown with Robert Gillies before or being tought by this gentlemen?

That question has an ominous ring to it. Training with him a good or bad thing?

Guest Guest
thanks for all that it really has helped. just a question what is thebig advantage about taildraggers?

The main advantage is that they are TOTALLY COOL!

No really.. good stol (short take off landing) and can handle rough strips because of the forces on the wheels. Nosewheels tend to break off if you hit a bump.

Disadvantage is they tend to go bush (ground loop) if your not on your toes when landing. They tend to slow down after touch down quickly due to the increased drag of wings at a high angle of attack also.

Guest Guest

in regrads to the question about Robert Gillis, i had never flown with this instructor that was why i was asking but now i can say i have flownsome hours with him and he is a great instructor and i really appreciate the knowledge he has shared with me so far, i fly with sydney jabiru out of hoxton park and this where he teaches from, he works during the week while i think Ashley takes care of the weekends

Guest TConnor

Thanks for that. I am going to visit the Jab school at Hoxton on the weekend (I think - depending on my work roster). Robert is the man I spoke to on the phone. He's qualified GA and RA Aus instructor.