New Tecnam Echo Classic Deluxe, Both Very Happy !

Graham Pukallus

Took delivery of our Tecnam Echo last Wedenesday from Bruce at Southport Airport.

Went for a check flight with a few circuits with Bruce before departing for Redcliffe, accompanied by Doug Mc Cullough who kindly flew me down for the big day.

The only options chosen were a Bolly Prop and the big wheel kit that comes in a couple of weeks, and yes Dazza I possibly should have got toe brakes but all the Tecnams I have flown with a steerable nose wheel had the hand brake in the centre console, which I am now comfortable with.

I had the flap switch moved to under the left throttle which made a big difference to the general flying of this Tecnam, I believe the flap lever was in this position on the early Echo's.

Val and I flew to the Watts Bridge Flyin on Saturday and going to Inglewood this weekend, if you want to check out the latest Echo Classic, come to Inglewood or PM me.

This aircraft surpasses the performance and quality of the older model as you would expect with many improvements, not to mention 103 kts at 5,000 RPM and 1200 FPM climb with the 2 of us.

From a women's point of view, Val is very Happy with the comfort level and storage space of this aircraft.

The entire journey of purchasing this aircraft has been seemless and highly professional with nothing too hard, and I must comment and say a big thank you for the personal service we received from JetPoint Aircraft Service at Southport Airport with fitment of our instruments and minor changes to the aircraft.

All in all a good experience which we believe to be a good honest plane.

Graham and Val.

image.jpg.0b928e83128a390086b57ed5027d8a04.jpg

image.jpg.cb6fc16c192430028324dfd9f3504d08.jpg

image.jpg.a9aac896bcd1ac6933e98487e99d0914.jpg

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

All the Cherokees I've flown have differential toe brakes. Differential brakes are always better than a hand operated brake when you only have 3 wheels whether one of them is steerable or not.

• Agree 1

All the Cherokees I've flown have differential toe brakes. Differential brakes are always better than a hand operated brake when you only have 3 wheels whether one of them is steerable or not.

You are talking about later variants e.g. Warrior I believe. I was referring to preferring the handbrake over the LSA style of toe brake, where weight savings means that both rudder and brake controls are minimalist.

• 2 months later...

Congrats Graham & val, if it is as reliable as my 2007 model you will have many pleasant and happy hours of trouble free flying .

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Graham and Val..nice looking aircraft for sure....I'm assuming your Bolly is fixed pitch, a P92 Super Echo I flew in the past did an easy 109kts S&L, but it did have a constant- speed Airmaster on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Antonius, yes we have taken our Tecnam to Ayres Rock and other iconic spots in the past 12 months and enjoyed flying her very much. We now have 145 hours and very happy. Val and I are coming over to Germany on the 8 th Sept during a European holiday with APT Tours.

Never know we may be able to catch up.

Regards Graham and Val

PS here are just a couple of photos, one is when we had a 50 knt tailwind heading to Broken Hill.

image.jpg.b9e8106a6cb476f6ce762c154c4f56c9.jpg

image.jpg.79c4a2cd9025c45546e88a767e93944a.jpg

Do you have and photos of your Tecnam inside and out ? We will ke you posted about our trip closer to the time.

Keep an eye on the screws that hold the wheel spats on, especially the rear ones as initially they came loose until I put some non locking loctite on them, all good since.

Check the undercarriage mounting bolts into the fuselage and nose leg bolts as well which settle in after a while and need nipping up.

I had to pack the battery in with high density foam as it was moving within the enclosure with only small blocks of foam holding it in place.

Have also had some small paint issues around rivets and at the forward edge of the wing skins which needed to be touched up.

Otherwise all good.

• 2 weeks later...