New Vampire?

rep003

Has anyone else seen this on EBAY recently ?Recreational Aircraft - Vampire

The original was powered by a Rotax 447 I think , any idea was powers this one?

Cheers

Troy Rep.

Ask ray tolhurst - it's his company making it now. It has been built with a hks engine previously but ray will tell you. He is onhere and took on the Morgan designs as well

• Informative 1

Not mentioning the engine is unusual. They are pretty weight sensitive for the engine position. I don't think the HKS 700 is still in production. It's more power than the plane needs, geared with a bigger dia prop. Also as a pusher it might have trouble cooling. It tends to run hot anyhow. The original motor is fan cooled, but not supplied new anymore, or supported with parts by Rotax. Nev

I made an inquiry:

The Vampire is powered by a 60Hp, 2 cylinder, 4-stroke HKS-700E motor. Thrust is provided by a Bolly three bladed carbon fibre propeller. This Vamp has a one piece tilting canopy. The aircraft is designed to have the wings permanently attached to the fuselage and assembly from trailer to fly is less than 10 minutes as the control surfaces stay attached and adjusted. A custom trailer is available at extra cost.

This is the most beautiful aircraft to fly. Please go to www.wedgetailaircraft.com.au to see a video of the Vampire flying.

I hope this helps, please give me a ring if you need further assistance. 0468713545

Thanks

Kind Regards

Frankie

• Informative 1

I think the price is good. A flying school can purchase 2 of these for the price of a duel seater...and not have to pay instructor fees out of the hire fee. A smart flying school will one day cotton on.

• Informative 1