Just landed

Yenn

G'day to all aviators.

I fly out of Rodds Bay airstrip just 15nm East of Gladstone in Qld. My plane is a Corby Starlet which I bought half built and finished off. I have just completed 25 hours since changing motors to a 2.2 Jabiru, what treat to fly it is.

Guest Graeme

Hi Yenn, Im up at Yeppoon and a few of us are heading down your way over the weekend. Were dropping in at Turkey beach to see friend and his new strip and then possibly going over to Rodds Bay. Hope to meet you some time. Corby's are a great litle aircraft and I would imagine a lot of fun to fly.

Cheers

Graeme

I love Corbys! would love to own one! How well do they perform with the jab motor?? can aerobatic manouvers be performed in them? from what i believe they are aerobatic, but some people i have spoken to tel me they arn't. though those people have never flown them

Graeme. We should be active at Rodds Bay from 9am Sunday, drop in. We do right hand circuits on 13 to keep clear of the neighbours.

Drop in for a cuppa and chat.

Ian Borg

I rebuilt a 1600 Jab motor but couldn't stop the oil leaks and during the heat last summer it was a bit lacking in climb performance so I bit the bullet and spent 10000 on a factory rebuilt motor. It now climbs well, cruises at over 100Kts on 10l/hr, so I am very happy.

I have already given some info on Corby performance, it is good. Aerobatics are illegal for ultralights and I haven't tried any, but GA aircraft do rolls, loops etc with only a few instances of any problems. I believe there was one which developed cracks in the spar, but it did a lot of work before the problem was seen,

Guest Graeme

This high is still giving us a pounding up here so untill we see a drop in wind below 20 knts we will be staying at home. Will drop you a line next time were heading your way.

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Bruce,

The photo of the 2 seat Starlet didnt load.....would enjoy seeing a copy.

Is it wood?

regards Arthur