No commercial advertising in the Forums Section

Admin

PLEASE SEE AN UPDATE TO THIS POST IN POST NUMBER 15

Will every one please note and this goes for ALL users of these forums that Commercial Advertising is strictly forbidden in the forums and is contained as one of the rules when registering here at the forums but commercial advertising is allowed in the Suppliers Section

This site costs thousands of dollars to develop and maintain. So rather then post a supplier's details please show your support by trying to get them to create an entry in the Supplier's section.

The Pilot Supplies Shop Clear Prop is our own Pilot Supplies Store which provides support for the costs of running this great resource for all so supporting the Clear Prop shop here on Recreational Flying is greatly appreciated and in turn comes back to the users of the site in greater features for all to use.

Note to anyone that sells anything for a commercial return

This site was set-up as a completely free resource so no one specific person or company can benefit from it so the members can be assured of a non-pressured and unbiased on-line experience.

If you are NOT a Registered Supplier on this site and you sell a product or service other then as a private sale that is listed in the "Member's Classifieds" section, any attempt to list it here in these forums will result in your post being deleted, an infraction given and depending on the extent of behavioral history you just may be instantly suspended OR be permanently removed!

Also, if any user receives a PM or Email from another user of the site in an attempt to advise them of their products or services then please notify the Administrator or one of the Moderators instantly. The user reporting the offense will receive a Recreational Flying branded product for free as our thanks and the user selling their wares will be immediately removed from the site and a post made advising all members that they had broken the rules and suggest they do not deal with that person or company ever. We are very firm on this!

However, if you do have something that you wish to sell that may be of assistance to another member in respect of one of their posts then you MUST PM the Administrator with the details and it will be posted if it is warranted.

• Like 3

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest michaelpilot

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I am new in this field and would like to know more about pilot issues.

I currently own some guides that are useful for being a good pilot. They are free and with no hidden cost. I already used them and the result has been outstanding. However I do have my own site. I am not a marketer but a guide. Here is my site:

I simply would like to share my ideas in this forum. I am not selling anything and would like my site link to be displayed somewhere in the forum. is that ok?

Please show me how i can make a prior arrangement?

kindest,

Michael Anthony

I am not selling anything and would like my site link to be displayed somewhere in the forum. is that ok?

Dearest Michael,

Talk aviation as much as you wish but if you try to post another link to your get rich quick guide, you're toast.... Clear enough?

Kisses!

Lox.

• Like 3

Guest michaelpilot

Hi Lox,

Thank you for your reply and detail answer. Here is my site and would you mind to find whether it is the type of forbidden ones. Here it is: Removed

Just to see your opinion.

thank you,

Michael Anthony

• 2 years later...

Better to be sure I'm not on the hit list!:

Can I post interesting items e.g. auction items, that I think will be of use, or interest of members. Not for sale by me.

spacesailor

I look at it in terms of:

does it hurt this site in any way

does it hurt the users of the site in any way

is the person making money from this site without some of it going to help pay for the site and my work in providing it

can the site benefit from it

can the users of the site benefit from it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

• 3 years later...
Hi Ian

Your link, "Please see here for details of being registered as a Supplier" is not working. 

Does it still exist

Cheers

Thanks for letting me know, I have to add that page back in and adjust the link which I will do in the coming days, thanks for letting me know

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian,

Have you fixed that link  "Please see here for details of being registered as a Supplier"

I am waiting to register for the products that I sent you in emails which haven't been acknowledged as yet.

I would like to get it done before January 1st 2019

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Please NOTE that Commercial Advertising is now allowed here at Recreational Flying (.com) as long it is aviation related and IS CONTAINED IN THE SUPPLIERS SECTION ONLY. No commercial advertising is allowed in the forums and we are strict on this as we don't want to see the community discussions plagued with advertising posts.

Also note in terms of Pilot Supplies please don't create commercial entries in the Suppliers section for Pilot Supplies Stores as this will conflict with our very own Clear Prop Store, hope you understand

Hi IAN.

Please enlighten,

If I see an add in EEEbay or FFFacebook. or any auction house.

That would be of interest to members, am I in the clear to put it in the forums.

IE aircraft, portable Fuel tanks, Or my last one an aircraft kit from America (BD5).

spacesailor

Hi IAN.

Please enlighten,

If I see an add in EEEbay or FFFacebook. or any auction house.

That would be of interest to members, am I in the clear to put it in the forums.

IE aircraft, portable Fuel tanks, Or my last one an aircraft kit from America (BD5).

spacesailor

That's ok as it is not commercial to you...the point is I don't want people to use the site as just a means to make money for them greedy selves when I have done all the work and paid out all the money to provide the site...I hope you can understand that and if in doubt at any time just simply ask, I respect that.

Remember we have the Classifieds for members to sell their own private stuff, we now have the Supplier's Section for the Commercial stuff, let's try and keep the forums for community discussions of interest and help each other. Many years ago I had a user register and then start to saturate the forums with their products, this I didn't like as all they saw the site for was a way to make money for themselves without anything else, this is what I don't like and will stop.

Thanks mate and I also forgot to mention that Flying Clubs and Schools and Aircraft Manufacrurers, Distributors/Agents and things like that are ALWAYS welcomed to post in the forums about what they are doing and offering as I see them as an important part of our aviation community

• Like 1