Off Topic coming back

Admin

With the software license renewal approaching in the next few days for the Whats Up Australia site, the site that we use for Off Topic discussions, I have decided to bring it back into this site and close the Whats Up Australia Off Topic site. There will be forums for:

General Off Topic

Politics and Religion

Science and Technology

Health, Sex and Relationships

Auto Discussions

Sports

The Funnies in Whats Up Australia will be merged with the Aviation Laughter forum and simply called Laughter (unless I can think of a better name)

The What's New section of this site will not include ANY Off Topic posts and unfortunately at this stage I am unable to come up with a solution to have a separate Whats New for Off Topic but I will see if I can get something developed. In the interim when a user clicks on any of the Off Topic menu links they will see a page of the Off Topic forums with the forums with new posts in bold:

1.thumb.jpg.742e33bf45aee15084633bc460ead5bd.jpg

Any comments are appreciated

Edited by Admin

Please note that the Off Topic site Whats Up Australia has now been migrated here into Recreational Flying. Clicking any of the Off Topic menu links will take you to the Off Topic forums. The Whats New page of Recreational Flying will NOT show any Off Topic threads or posts.

There is a bit more work to do though...when migrating all the users of Whats Up Australia into Recreational Flying there are a lot of duplicates, naturally, so the users have had "1" added to their user names. I have to now manually one by one merge the Whats Up Australia user to their corresponding user in Recreational Flying. So for example Whats Up Australia user "Facthunter" has been imported into Recreational Flying as "Facthunter1". The user "Facthunter1" will be merged into the user "Facthunter" and this will take a day or two...there are about 350 users with the "1" attached

All the Whats Up Australia Off Topic site users have been migrated into their corresponding user logins here in Recreational Flying. This means all the Off Topic posts are attributed to the same users here so those users that posted on the Off Topic site will see their post count has increased accordingly and their Private Messages merged.