Off Topic Migration

Admin

I am looking at condensing the Whats Up Australia site (www.whatsupaustralia.com.au) forums down into say just 4 forums and migrating them back into here at Recreational Flying. The Whats New will have a new sub menu for just the Off Topic forums so any Off Topic posts won't interfere with the main Aviation Whats New entries.

The IMPORTANT thing is I want to hear from you all on your thoughts on this before I do it so PLEASE speak up what you think, every answer/post is correct and very informative so EVERYONE please have your say...thanks and I greatly appreciate it

Those bloody Tasmanians, 390 of them Immigrated to Australia last year, blooody over-running the place, can't even speak our language  ... oops ... wait, different title ..

I want it back here.

Can you do a hide that subforum option if people want? I think the biggest complainers last time was seeing the Off Topic threads in "What's New" even if they didn't open any of them.

As at 6:60 pm 28/10/19 the WhatsUp forums with the most posts were:

1. Politics - 11760

2. General Discussion - 8296

3. Funnies - 5082

4. Religion - 5077

Science & Technology was up there with 3704, so it could get a jersey. Politics & Religion could be combined. The rest of the forums have not been used much and could go to "General Discussion"

Those bloody Tasmanians, 390 of them Immigrated to Australia last year, blooody over-running the place, can't even speak our language  ... oops ... wait, different title ..

I want it back here.

Can you do a hide that subforum option if people want? I think the biggest complainers last time was seeing the Off Topic threads in "What's New" even if they didn't open any of them.

No, it's a net benefit when Tasmanians migrate to the big island - there's an increase to the average IQ in both places!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's why the suggestion that people will be able to not see it if they choose.

You can only talk about aviation so much ....

That doesn't bother me because I know who's posting and can do an instant disregard.

However, I know some of the people in responsible postions who come on now and again, and they might take those posts to be the face of RAA.

I take the Whatsup forums to be the chat rooms of the Recreational Flying site. A place to kick back with a refreshing beverage and engage and join others in solving Society's problems, and enjoy the bonhomie of fellow enthusiasts.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I take the Whatsup forums to be the chat rooms of the Recreational Flying site. A place to kick back with a refreshing beverage and engage and join others in solving Society's problems, and enjoy the bonhomie of fellow enthusiasts.

I agree; they were

The next question is whether or not to merge both the jokes/funnies forums together? We have Aviation Laughter forum here and have Funnies forum on the Whats Up site

You could call it something like "In the Clubhouse", or "Around the Clubhouse Bar" to suggest that the content was more like the conversations we have at the end of the day's flying while sitting around relaxing with a drink.

• Like 1