Oldest member.

red750

• 4 months later...

I'm not even close boys. . .69 in June last. . . .

But my Mate Stuart Bell is a few months short of 90. . .he still flies his own Auster and he is a Permit to fly inspector for the LAA on all sorts of older and more modern aircraft. . . He also teaches inspectors.  Heck of a sense of humour too. .. bit like a Lot of the 'Older Boys' on RF.   ?

Moans like hell as he has to walk with a stick ! ! ! !

• Like 1

NOT CLOSE ?.

"I'm not even close boys. . .69 in June last. . "

Sure it;s not reversed at 96. I hope it;s 69. LoL

Walking with a stick ?.

I'm Hobbling with a stick. With only baby-steps, too big a stride & it's ouch. Now staying home & sitting for hours, Just to keep that pain at bay.

spacesailor

• More 1

"May 8, 1945

After five years and eight months, with the unconditional surrender of the Germans on May 8, 1945, World War II came to an end in Europe.

That's a YES, as am I.

Unless Kaz is American.  then it's September 2, 1945, with the surrender of Japan

spacesailor

• Like 1

Manufactured during the war doesn't make you anything specifically but does allude to your parents being optimistic, silly, or careless. Nev

My mum told me I wouldn’t have happened if dad hasn’t come home on leave “feeling like that”.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

There must be someone older than me. 83 and still plodding along.

John Buckley at Shepp is a tad older than you. His brother, Ben, is older again.

John has 2 Tecnams, a lovely C182 he flies regularly, a couple of other 182’s he is rebuilding (one to 180) and a couple of Thorpe’s (also being rebuilt).

But keep plodding,  Yenn...you give me a standard to aspire to.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I meant people who post on this forum.

There is a bloke at Emu Park who has been flying for over 70 years. Lost his lower leg in a car accident a few years ago and that didn't slow him down. I followed him across the runway on foot a year or so ago and had to run to catch him. A wooden leg doesn't stop him flying a Piper Cub.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I reckon this would be him . I met him ( can’t recall his name ) at Murgon 6 years ago..... Bob 

[ATTACH]41031[/ATTACH]

That's him. I know his name, but I'm not going to post it online. He's still around.

• 4 months later...