OOPS we have a problem, how do you fix it?

Butch

I keep getting the message "oops we have a problem" when trying to like a post , look at alerts ,trying to edit a post and a few other random things.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem or what's causing it?

Butch, read through the thread Any Site Problems for Ian's answer. If you can''t get that far, in short the answer is to clear cookies for this site from your browser. Google "Delete Cookies In (Browser name)".

I'm still using Internet Explorer would that cause the problem?

Tried logging in with Google Chrome but wouldn't log in properly, kept asking me to log in!

F..ck I hate computers sometimes, maybe its the operator LOL

• Like 1

Guest Machtuk

I'm still using Internet Explorer would that cause the problem?

Tried logging in with Google Chrome but wouldn't log in properly, kept asking me to log in!

F..ck I hate computers sometimes, maybe its the operator LOL

Worked for me just now?.....Have another drink?

I don't have a problem with the site, it works just fine for me, using a powerful desktop with Windows 7 and Chrome, and running on high speed NBN.

However, there are obviously conflicts with the site software and some users devices.

You need to post what operating system you're using, and whether your device is a desktop, laptop, phone or tablet, and whether you're using Android or Apple.

There are differences in mobile devices and fixed devices requirements, as regards the interface presented to the device. Thus a programmer has to try and identify all the problems associated with writing a programme that is presented to half a dozen different devices, all using different operating systems, and having huge variations in screen size, and processing power.

You will often notice websites that have a different address for mobile devices as compared to fixed devices.

As a rule of thumb, the smaller the device, the lower the processing power, and the smaller the screen, of course. This presents challenges to programmers trying to fit a complex webpage onto a small screen, as in a smartphone.

Then there's the problem of lag in signal processing, which can generate errors on a website, which is generally tuned to quickly throw up an error message if the page is slow to load.

Lags in signal processing are more common on mobile devices, and on devices with low processing power.

If you're using a mobile device with numerous apps loaded, you need to examine what apps may be producing conflicts or using unnecessary power, thus causing slow processing on a website.

And finally, on fixed devices, you have to examine what programmes you are running that may be generating conflicts with the website you're trying to view.

Anti-Virus programmes that are too sensitive, are a common source of conflicts with websites.

I find the differences between mobile and fixed devices performance is quite startling, with my desktop able to find twice as much as my smartphone when searching, and a whole lot less "glitches" and conflicts on the desktop.

• Informative 1

My setup is a HP laptop running Windows 10, I am on NBN and my browser is Brave (it blocks advertisements on Youtube and Yahoo, and no doubt others. It claims to have blocked 77,000 ads and trackers since I installed it about 6 months ago. See below). It saves time by not downloading ads.

I cleared the cookies as suggested by Ian. I log in and tick Stay logged in. When I shut down and start up again, Brave recovers my previous session and I am logged in. If I happen to open another site in this tab, I am logged off. When I start Recreational Flying again, I am presented with the login or register page. I do not have to reenter my login details, I simply click on Home in the left menu and I am in.

1582017913806.png.14993f5b923dd5b4f60348679c9d5d70.png