OzRunways update v.7.3.3

Some interesting improvements in the latest version. 

The TrackUp view places the aircraft icon near the bottom of the screen which makes more sense.

Plus, you can place (variable) Range Rings around any aerodrome or ALA.  It occurred to me that a side benefit of this would be as a way to clean up the clutter we get now with the thousands of newly added ALAs and farm strips etc.  Whilst it's fantastic to have all those strips included and available in a pinch, en masse, they can make the chart almost unreadable. And if you've wanted, or needed, to display the ALA layer, I don't think there's been a way around that.  But now, if you put a Range Ring around any and all the strips that you think may be of interest for a given trip, those locations will remain visible (along with their ring) when you turn that layer off. 

In this example, I marked a few useful ALAs along a (simulated) route with 5NM red rings.  The rest, I was able to give the flick.

Makes for a much easier to use map, I think.  And, of course, all the others are just a press away if needed.

1503007821_IMG_0140adj.1.thumb.jpg.ba1beb51954baf419d57e5faf193f39f.jpg

958285672_IMG_0142adj.1.thumb.jpg.6c6f841d564c9b01f2c0d30095a1cbbe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yes, it bugged me to have the aircraft centred in the middle of the screen in that camera mode. Much better lower down.

I generally use a tablet in landscape mode, which didn't give me much room above the aircraft icon.

Ha, ha ... just wait till you check out my stick and rudder skills (not). ?

(Love ya wee bonnet, by the way. Suits ya!)