Photographers Thread

I like photographing aeroplanes. Getting a great photo is very rewarding when it all works out. I haven't ever had any real training in photography but have learnt by looking at photos others have taken.

I'd like to start a thread for people to post their aviation photos. I d like to ask that they only post images that they took and not ones by others. That way they can share how they took it and what their setup was.

To kick things off I would like to share the photo below. It was taken at the Red bull Air race in 2008 using a Canon 30D and an EF400/5.6.

• Like 4

Hi Nobody,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but this site has a Media Gallery with members photos and videos. Click on Menu (top left), Media.

Red,

Yes I have seen the media gallery but not used it. I will try to work out how to use it. In the mean time here is one of a Mustang rolling out after landing from Airventure 2013.

• Like 5

Here is an MX2 from a small county airshow in the USA. What I like about this one is that that image is the full frame not a crop. On the full res version when you zoom in, you can just about make out the sequence notes in the cockpit.

• Like 1

I took this photo at the RAAF Museum at Point Cook in 2007. It is uploaded to airport-data.com, where it has received 2684 views to date, the most viewed photo of my collection of over 1000 photos, with a total of more than 134,000 views.

1897268968_Bristol170A81-1YMPC20070128.jpg.ad0868c24593030310fbcb0cc8951728.jpg

• Like 2

This photo of Tiger Woods Gulfstream 550 shot at Essendon in 2011 is the second-most viewed, 1293 times.

N517QS.JPG.9010e98eb5d1ec4a84a26324442f3156.JPG

• Like 1

Taken at Old Station last year with my cannon 35mm in auto mode..[ATTACH=full]42895[/ATTACH]

Good to see it wasn't taken with a 35mm cannon on automatic....!big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...