Piper Aircraft Training SE Qld?

alexbrown2005

Hi guys,

I know I'm not a GA pilot (yet. I only hold the RA-Aus certificate and, as of today, a pax endorsement), but my best mate and I are planning on going to the US to build hours, after I do gain my PPL in July.

The problem is that the companies in Florida all use Piper Warriors (well, it's either that or a Cessna 150). So I'm asking if any of you folks know of any flying schools that will get me up to speed on the Warrior in preparation for an FAA flight review?

Cheers in advance.

• Like 1

The Warrior is a very stable, gentle aircraft to fly and I'm sure you will ace it really quickly with your RAAus background. Make sure you do an hour or two in an Archer as well.

Kaz

• Like 1

Darling Downs Aero Club in Toowoomba have a couple of Warriors. DDX and DDK

They offer RAA to GA conversions: http://www.ddac.com.au/flight-training/ra-to-ga-conversion-training.html

Whenever I have been there over the last 30 years or so, they have been very helpful.

The Archer doesn't handle much differently to the Warrior. A little bit heavier, a little bit thirstier and not much faster. But it can carry a better load.

The Archer II that I fly gets about 112 Knots on 32 Litres per hour. From memory, the Warrior is about 110 Kts on 30 Lph. The Warrior is (like the 172) really a 3 seater if you want to go any distance, but the Archer II is a genuine 4 seater with full fuel.

Robert

• Like 2

Hi guys,I know I'm not a GA pilot (yet. I only hold the RA-Aus certificate and, as of today, a pax endorsement), but my best mate and I are planning on going to the US to build hours, after I do gain my PPL in July.

The problem is that the companies in Florida all use Piper Warriors (well, it's either that or a Cessna 150). So I'm asking if any of you folks know of any flying schools that will get me up to speed on the Warrior in preparation for an FAA flight review?

Cheers in advance.

Florida plus flying sounds amazing. Im very jealous! can you keep me up to date when this progresses?

Best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...