"plane lands safely after pilot loses consciousness"

it says:

"A light aircraft has landed safely after its pilot apparently fell unconscious mid-flight and entered controlled airspace without clearance north of Adelaide.

It is understood another plane from the same flying company was granted permission to fly near the four-seat, single-engine aircraft and make contact with its pilot.

The incident occurred yesterday morning, about 50km north of Adelaide.

Both planes landed safely.

Other aircraft were cleared from the area during the incident as a precaution"

as this is in the Murdoch press today, I presume it's 100% accurate. Nonetheless, it would be nice to have more detail. Does anyone know anything about this?

I guess the pilot must have regained consciousness?

• Like 1

Some years ago a student pilot (from China) was flying a Tobago and passed out. He flew right over Parafield and Adelaide in controlled airspace and out over the gulf before Adelaide managed to get in contact. He landed safely at Parafield. I think that ended his career for the CPL. Now, he probably spends his time making our socks and jocks for 50 cents an hour. 

• Like 1

Discussion on another pilots forum, suggests the scuttlebutt is he went to sleep while aircraft was on autopilot. 

Apparently woke and while awake for some time refused to/did not make contact with ATC. ? Embarrassed, confused in post awakening stupor ( so called "sleep inertia" )

Maybe the flew in front and caused some turbulence. ....I don't know really.....

Maybe just to get an eyeball on the cockpit and see if the pilot was conscious and not communicating vs unconscious.