Post Likes

Admin

Should the Post Likes System remain as it is or just a single Like  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Post Likes System remain as it is or just a single Like

• Keep the Likes System as it is
    • Just have a single "Like"
    • Neither, I will post my idea

I very much like it when users say things that I can explore to possibly enhance the site to make it better for all.

One idea that has been thrown up is the removal of the expanded "Likes" system and just leave a single "Like" of posts. This would mean that instead of all the Likes of Like, Agree, Funny, Winner, Informative, Friendly, Helpful, Optimistic, Creative there would only be a single "Like". So if you like a post you simply click "Like" and if you don't, you don't click it.

Please vote on the Poll to let me know your thoughts...speak up now because after 7 days of the poll I will implement what ever is the result.

• Like 1

I prefer the system as it is now. I feel it is useful to know if someone agrees with your point or finds it informative or helpful or indeed funny especially if posting in the Laughter forum. Personally I don't use Creative, Optimistic or Friendly and it seems these like types get used in an odd way at times sometimes prompting the "Poster" to ask the "Liker" why. I can't remember ever using "Winner" either but then that is not to say I won't in the future

• Agree 4

If it is in the laughter section and you like it wouldn't that cover the funny event?

I suggest Like alone is OK but a dislike option used as well is common. It's pretty simple you like it or you don't like it or you don't care much so you don't comment.

AS I said previously I'm interested in WHO Likes or whatever as I feel I achieve more feedback when someone who's opinion I value a lot chooses to bother to express an opinion. This is not to achieve more "Likes" but make me perhaps reconsider what I have posted as to whether it was ambiguous or stupid etc

The EDIT doesn't last long enough to make required corrections often. I know when serious self editing happens (or any editing for that matter) continuity may suffer. Nev

• Agree 1

I think it is fine as it is, it is nice to have the option to describe 'why' you liked a post eg agree, funny.

I used to think the dislike would be a good idea but after I saw how it was used I think it would just cause more trouble.

Love it the way it is:thumb up:

To late to add to the poll now but what about just 4 of them: Like, Helpful, Funny and Dislike (or Don't Agree)

(click the don't Agree button if you don't agree with only 4 LOL)

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

I like the BikeMe! method... no smilies, no likes, nothing but commentary. When one is being a twat, they are told as much. Swearing is not moderated. Calling some-one out for being a twat unfairly results in the masses calling the caller a twat.

It works.

It works well.

Amazing that...

• Caution 1

That reminds me of a Cheech and Chong track on one of their albums I have. I can't post the YouTube video here due to its content but if you are over 18 years of age and have an open mind you could go to:

[spoiler=Only open if over 18 years of age]

• Like 1

I like the BikeMe! method... no smilies, no likes, nothing but commentary. When one is being a twat, they are told as much. Swearing is not moderated. Calling some-one out for being a twat unfairly results in the masses calling the caller a twat.It works.

It works well.

Amazing that...

Anarchy?

• Agree 1

Why not just have the simple like button, but also encourage the use of the smilies/smileys ( pick one Dazza 065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif)

They are a powerful method of getting a message across, also helpful to show your jesting, when the actual words appear otherwise, ( try them sometime Nev 066_naughty.gif.fdb194956812c007d0f5d54e3c692757.gif).

You may need to add an extra one though, perhaps something like this:

:image.jpg.d5ef5abc8a7fd4368abcfa134450f133.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What brought that on? Do we need such a dramatic image. ? I don't think I would use that. It might be too subtle. Ive always relied on explaining things as best I can . Do I have Turbs "invisible ink "problem ?.. Nev

• Like 1

I know......every one register their paypal acc and everytime a you give a "like" that person gets a dollar from you.

Should sort the chaff from the hay (or whatever the saying is....)

Is it worth a dollar?.... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

What brought that on? Do we need such a dramatic image. ? I don't think I would use that. It might be too subtle. Ive always relied on explaining things as best I can . Do I have Turbs "invisible ink "problem ?.. Nev

087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif Nev ,

The image was not directed at you at all, although I can see how it could look like that.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif My comment about you was sometimes you crack a funny, and if I'm not looking for it, it can go through to the keeper. Whereas if you just added a wink or a grin I'd be on to it straight away.

Explaining things as best you can is easier in person because you can use body language, tone of voice, even volume. Because you don't have those options here the emoticons are a big help.

Regards Bill

• Agree 1

Leave it pretty much as it is though I think there should be a "disagree" button which may be better utilised that a "dislike" I you want to be really brave you could add a "REALLY???" button and perhaps "emotive rubbish" and "unsubstantiated assertion" buttons as well? (I know... I'm pushing my luck with those 2 - but they would get a lot of use.....)

• Agree 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Caution 1

I think it is fine as it is, it is nice to have the option to describe 'why' you liked a post eg agree, funny.I used to think the dislike would be a good idea but after I saw how it was used I think it would just cause more trouble.

Love it the way it is:thumb up:

Thanks SDQDI:

Agree,

Agree,

and Agree to all three points ...but there is only one Agree button so I will just agree to all three points in writing. 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

• Like 2

Getting a "disagree/dislike" button would make the forum more divisive with cliques giving each other likes and then "piling on" on any disenters to the clique.

Gang warfare........forum style..... 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

• Agree 3

Getting a "disagree/dislike" button would make the forum more divisive with cliques giving each other likes and then "piling on" on any disenters to the clique.Gang warfare........forum style..... 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

That has happened previously

• Agree 1

I didn't think of that. How naïve am I? ) Problem with being young. Do we have cliques here? I thought is was impossible to get two of the same opinion. Nev

There are a couple of serial pests around the forums who ARE their own cliques, with a portfolio of "identities" who can ask the pest leading questions, support his statements, attack other people, gang up for a joint effort on posters, take temporary bans and even permanent bans, with a never ending supply of sleeper "identities" who come out of the woodwork with a history of innocent posts.

• Agree 1

I have worked on the "concept" (when I'm disciplined enough) of hoping people are sufficiently intelligent to make up their own minds, and that ALL are entitled to their opinion(s), That doesn't mean that ALL are of good intent and we get some trolls, but they get picked up on , most times. I haven't put a bar on anyone yet and don't see it as likely .

I DO get a bit disappointed with the occasional less than "nice" post, but others make up for it. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2