PPL theory course in Sydney?

At last I finalised my ppl+aeros, now its time to go ahead. If anybody knows any good PPL theory provider in Sydney (and better not in June, but now. AltoCap started their course today, so I missed it)? I found online course - is it real?

PPL theory is easy to self-study. I got the two Bob Tait books and read them in my downtime at work, and passed the exam with flying colours. A dedicated theory course isn't required IMHO.

• Agree 3

Want to borrow a copy of The Private Pilot by C.S.Hames? First published in 1962, heaps of Aussie pilots, probably your instructors included, have used this book to get a grasp on the theory side.

It's the metric version, and the hiring fee can be cut out in joy flights, since this old emu can't fly anymore.

I already got these books, but not sure if it is enough. RPL exam was passed successfully, but with all these laws, meteorology and other stuff I am very weak. No way to understand what is realy needed IRL and what is needed on the exam.

online course is onlineaviationtheory.com - not clear what is it at all.

not clear what is it at all.

I had a quick look at the information page on that site.

DECLARATION: I HAVE NO FINANCIAL OR OTHER INTEREST IN THE SITE OR PECUNIARY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE OWNER.

1. It's Australian, so the content is applicable to Australia and CASA requirements.

2. There are self-assessment tests to be done upon completion of a lesson.

3. There are practice exams which report when and how long it took to complete the practice exam.

4. Practice exams are scored and incorrect answers are reported.

5. Cost. $175 for BAK/PPL is reasonable, as is $600 for the PPL (which includes BAK/PPL), but it's up to you to decide on the reasonableness of the price

Compare the cost of this online course to the cost of courses presented in a series of books that have no feedback to the authors. Don't forget that there are a lot of instructors here who can answer particular questions on things that you are stuck on.

• Like 1