Presentation Eric from France

erd72

Hi all,

I am Eric (43yo) from france, flying with a savannah S, rotax 912 100 hp, beringer tyres (21x8x6) and wheels, e-props propeller, Iefis MGL Discovery light.

I flew about 400 hours with the savannah since july 2012. And i am still satisfied of this plane !!IMG_3195.JPG.5d734b8c2ca5024276c3f5accb12d575.JPG

I am here to share with you improvements, tricks and experience about savannah.

Thanks in advance to be welcome !

IMG_3212.JPG.da8d93e11cf29256073195a2ddda1ca1.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg.6af3551ca8adb45aa1b323b316fe9324.jpg

• Like 16
  • Winner 1

Hi Eric, I am in New Zealand, recently joined here also, and will soon begin construction of my own Savannah S.

I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions. Welcome!

• Like 1

Thank you !

To precise regarding few improvements , i applied on my savannah :

Beringer bush wheels for a better rolling on bad condition tracks... and also for the braking (i use some short tracks with a lenght aroud 150 m), and less weight (they announce 4.7 kg less than the icp original bush wheels.

The e-props propeller replaced the duc swirl i used, less weight (- 4 kg with the carbon spacer) and best performance (climbing and speed)

Regarding the efis it is mainly to secure with a horizon indicator and to replace my garmin 695. and also to save weight. The weight in this configuration is 307 kg on certified balance includind parachute, radio and transponder.

If anybody wish to have more information, about these modification i would be pleased to give my feedback !

For the rest i will have a look on threads to find inspiration for next evolution, and to modestly contribute by my posts.

Nice day !

• Like 2

I also have the Beringer tires but i use smaller 4.00-6"(i want to be able to put snow-skiis on) and i can aprrove with you the weight -5kg, amazing!

Did you have any issues with the Eprops hub? i had a few craks in epoxy, and have to change it.

i seem to be landing around ~295kg includind parachute, radio and transponder, but i have D-Motor.

I did not have issue with the e-props hubs( take care there are 3 differents), i have the last generation from september (Monobloc 120 carbon spacer). I don't know what kind of model you use. I saw some epoxy cracks on another but it is just aesthetic and not in the melt carbon / epoxy, so don't worry. But you have a D-motor so it is without reduction so i think that you have to sue the same than mine (monobloc). I know very well e-props (Jeremy and anne) if you need any help, do not hesitate..

I am located near lyon and also in the south (var).In france We can have our private tracks with an ultralight (With plane we are obliged to use official airfields). So, it is suitable to travel by ultralight.

Did you come in France ?

I am located near lyon and also in the south (var).In france We can have our private tracks with an ultralight (With plane we are obliged to use official airfields). So, it is suitable to travel by ultralight.Did you come in France ?

Yes, I took my family to France last year. We stayed at Uzès - it was fantastic. I went for a flight with Christian Soulat at the airfield nearby - about 8km north - in his Savannah.

We didn't get to Lyon but I've heard it's beautiful!

16552236_France2014-Uzes-120-ColonelChristian-small.jpg.d811445bf802cf8bae559c0e5860151b.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome Eric...nice looking plane and love the black colour.... was in Paris on the day of Charlie attacks, in fact we saw all the armed forces on standby in the hours prior and soon after....but wow....what a beautiful country you have ......i will be back!

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Sorry Skee, haven't been following your thread. What I was referring to was your flying experience behind the D motor, but you haven't got that far yet it seems.

• Agree 1

For those who like mountain flying, and who know (or not) the Mont Blanc Massif

I flightlast week end , it was really great conditions, Few mountain airfieds (Megeve / Meribel / Courchevel / Saint roch mayeres / L'arpette)

Google earth GPS Track

videos :

GoogleEarth_Repère.kmz

GoogleEarth_Repère.kmz

GoogleEarth_Repère.kmz

• Like 5
  • Winner 1

Welcome!

J'adore ton avion 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I used to live in France (Charente Maritimes) and just love the variation of landscapes in France.

Really enjoyed the videos, I'm hoping to have my licence and fly in France before emigrating to Oz:thumb up:

We accept Aussies if they are ready to play for the French rugby team

Brits also are welcome ! (But not for rugby )

To be serious i am sure That there are many great Fly to realize in your countries !

Please share ! And make us dream !!

We accept Aussies if they are ready to play for the French rugby teamBrits also are welcome ! (But not for rugby )

To be serious i am sure That there are many great Fly to realize in your countries !

Please share ! And make us dream !!

Check out the tell us about your last flight thread.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/tell-us-about-your-last-flight.110356/page-35

IMG_4402.JPG.fd407f648e4e4d01575bcf2fa28598ae.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG.12d329d72c99521af57c606f7d52308e.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG.4b0feb5c9e85670c3c944775f5e16897.JPG

• Like 2

The e-props propeller replaced the duc swirl i used, less weight (- 4 kg with the carbon spacer) and best performance (climbing and speed)

Regarding the efis it is mainly to secure with a horizon indicator and to replace my garmin 695. and also to save weight. The weight in this configuration is 307 kg on certified balance includind parachute, radio and transponder.

I also have the Beringer tires but i use smaller 4.00-6"(i want to be able to put snow-skiis on) and i can aprrove with you the weight -5kg, amazing!Did you have any issues with the Eprops hub? i had a few craks in epoxy, and have to change it.

I seem to be landing around ~295kg includind parachute, radio and transponder, but i have D-Motor.

They are both very respectably low weights.