Luscombe Silvaire...

Guest nunans

Guest nunans

After spotting the one in bits for sale in the members market I decided to find out what they are! (I know, i know but give me a break they went out of business more than 30 years before i was born).

Much to my delight it seems they are a beautiful two seat side by side high wing tail dragger..

They are still being manufactured as a model 8 with a 100hp 0-200A conti or the Australian made Rotec R2800 in the Phantom II variant.

Both fit into RA category and the 0-200A is certified for those that need it.

753195540_phantomII.png.523845596432d04baa61be03f2d2a0ee.png

http://www.luscombe-silvaire.com/index.php

Hey that's got a radial! We should buy a Luscombe Louis and put a circle donk in it... after all we're both used to unreliable machines.... 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

• Like 1

Hey that's got a radial! We should buy a Luscombe Louis and put a circle donk in it... after all we're both used to unreliable machines.... 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

I'm in for that, I always wanted a phantom (early luscombe with a radial, pictures of the cutie are below). I think they look awesome, or we could do it to the Auster, would look pritty cool!!

Reliability is over rated, looking awesome - isnt:super hero:

• Like 1

Oh! for Photoshop!001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif.

I reckon VH-PUK looks pretty either way.

Just gotta keep an eye on that Tomo, in case he substitutes the circle donk for an old Briggs and Stratton, or a John Deer motor he's got in the back shed.

He's sure to get it to work anyway:thumb up: