RAAF unveils new livery for Roulettes PC-21s

red750

Personally, I think it looks terrible. (just my opinion).

The original colour scheme is as Aussie as, and one we have all come to know and love.

I wonder how much money was wasted on the design of the new livery?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

come on you lot - lets hear something positive

I think the design will have a subliminal attraction to young recruits - the rearward triangular swish is obviously a future trend hairstyle

........................... can you please keep up with the times

come on you lot - lets hear something positiveI think the design will have a subliminal attraction to young recruits - the rearward triangular swish is obviously a future trend hairstyle

Art is subjective; there's no right or wrong, but people are entitled to their own reaction to it.

In this case the Roulettes are marketing aerial views so far away that it will play no part for most people.

You can't even argue that our tax dollars have been misspent, because......art is subjective.

We can be reasonably sure though that we won't ever see one of these in Le Louvre.

come on you lot - lets hear something positiveI think the design will have a subliminal attraction to young recruits - the rearward triangular swish is obviously a future trend hairstyle

does that mean short back and sides are on the way out John

We’re not in the 80s any more, and that is a very 80s design. Having seen one in the flesh, it does nothing to enhance the lines of the aircraft. In fact the light grey of the FAC aircraft looks better.

My comments about the 80s are tongue in cheek also..... The aircraft has curvy lines similar to the PC9, and needs flowing curves to complement it, the triangles don't enhance anything. Probably some ageing AirForce officer's idea of "modern".

The original idea was to build excitement in kids so that when they reached the appropriate age they poured into recruiting centres. We know what we like and dislike, but do we know what 8 to 18 year olds like these days?

I've had some earth shattering jolts with millenials in the past twelve months. Their ways of doing business are totally different to the ones I grew up with; some of the things they are doing work, others don't, but the ratio is much the same as it's always been.

• Agree 1

Sure way to attract the kids Turbs .................................................. paint an Ipad on the side.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

That new paint scheme is unattractive, doesn't portray military and not sure if easy to see in the sky especially what these guys do. My Bulldog (ex UK RAF and original to the tee ) is still modern looking and I'm often told it stands out well.

• Like 1