RAAus replace face-to-face member forums

FlyBoy1960

You may not need to worry about anything because the RA-Aus have decided to start their own forums. You may be able to migrate what you have here over to the new RA-Aus forums and get them to look after it and cover the costs. Then you don't have to about anything

Digital Member Forums

With the COVID-19 developments across the country and uncertainty surrounding domestic travel in the coming months, RAAus are looking to replace face-to-face member forums with digital forums.

We know that members still have questions for RAAus and topics they would like to discuss with the Chair and CEO.

Please post your questions in the comments below and we will soon deliver our first digital member forum.

• More 1

You may not need to worry about anything because the RA-Aus have decided to start their own forums. You may be able to migrate what you have here over to the new RA-Aus forums and get them to look after it and cover the costs. Then you don't have to about anything

ADJUDICATOR'S NOTE.

This post by FlyBoy was sent to the Moderators for assessment as to whether it should appear or not. At first reading, it appears to say "Close this site and go to the RAAus forums." However, On second and third reading it is my opinion that FlyBoy has misinterpreted the RAAus's intentions. It appears to me that the RAAus had organised a number of meetings across the country where Raaus members could meet the Chairperson and CEO to discuss matters of concern. With the current health precautions, these face-to-face gatherings cannot be held, so the RAAus has decided to use its website to facilitate the expected discussions.

In my opinion, the actions of the RAAus to carry out planned meetings online will in no way take over the wide variety of forums supported by this website. Based on my opinion, I cleared the post for exhibition here as long as people understand that Flyboy has possibly misinterpreted the way in which "forum" was used by the RAAus.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I think Flyboy had tongue in cheek.

Only he can tell us, but at least some information got out that members might like to know. Anyone abandoning the Faith here will be shunned forever.

• Like 2

Personally I think this is very very dangerous for RAAus. I can run this site as being independent and not representing anything however they are representing RAAus and RAAus will be judged on anything that is said and done in this manner. Unlike just standing up in front of a handful of people, the digital world has a footprint that is continually used in a negative way across the globe...just look at how Social Media can be so destructive to the innocent. People will take screen shots word for word and distribute them to other places on the internet where they can complain on what was said and they will have the proof. They can only have it at specific times otherwise you can imagine people saying "I asked this question and they didn't even bother to reply for x days" compared to using the phone etc. There are many more experiences that I have had right here on Recreational Flying over 18 years and have become very experienced in the digital world and have seen how things can go terribly wrong...this is why I have always said RAAus would be insane to enter this world...they would be amateurs and could, I say could end up being so very destructive to the RAAus function in the aviation community...just look at how I have been judged by so many over the years including by RAAus themselves taking screen shots and throwing things at me that people have said in the digital world

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I am not a member of RAAus and not knowledgable of its politics (to provide context to this post). Althog I take what you say, Ian, does going digital not then introduce some level of accountability that I am inferring from the posts in this thread may not exist? If people are askign questions and RAAus are pporviding answers, then they will have to be carefule about whow the frame these answers as these will exist in perpetuuity. Even if the forum is via some interactive webinar tech or video converencing cuh as zoom, the streams can be recorded, so being flippant, careless, not answeering questions; or conversly responding in a thoughtful manner, explaining a particular question is complex and requires a bit or work and providing an anticiapted timeframe being documented and evidenced for all to see and judge. Yes, there can be trolls and degenirates that try and manufacture something that it isn't, but surely the accountability it brings is a good thing?

Take your point - if they are inexperienced, they are taking a risk, but the organisastion will have to move with the times at sometime?