Recomendations for an L2 outer East of Melb

Do any members have any recommendations for an L2 that can do an annual inspection on an RA reg Skyfox Gazelle aircraft located in outer Eastern Melbourne? I have an L1 endorsement but I believe the annual needs to be an L2 to do the condition report. Any suggestions from the more experienced brains trust? Any suggestions appreciated.

You only need a condition report if the aircraft is being sold. if only an annual inspection and only used for private operations you may do it on your level one authority if you are confident to carry out the maintenance a level 2 is only required if used for hire and reward

Mick W

Thanks Mick. I am transferring the aircraft into my name and hence the condition report for RA Aus. Reading the tech manual it looks like you are correct, but I in case I want to get some help from an L2, any local recommendations would be handy. Also I was advised hat an annual is not necessary if the A/c's maintenance schedule is being followed and AD's/AC's done as required and all work entered in the A/C maintenance log.

I think you will find that the aircrafts maintenance schedule will include a 12 month (annual) check.

Normally the inspection schedule will be triggered by flying hrs or calendar time (whichever comes first).

Typically, private owners will fly less than 100hrs in a year, in which case the check is based on calendar time.

A lot of misunderstanding surrounds maintenance requirements of RAAus aircraft.

Thanks Guys,

Info is clear and questions answered. The 12 months or 100 hours, which ever comes first, may be a confusion for some RAA owners. I think there are some out there that don't realise an annual is required. Also I wonder how many maintainers actually have a copy of the required maintenance scheduled for their aircraft and a record of AD's?

I wonder how many maintainers actually have a copy of the required maintenance scheduled for their aircraft and a record of AD's?

This is what I see as the biggest problem surrounding homebuilders satisfying the maintenance requirements of aircraft ownership. I am not talking about the skills employed to build the aircraft, or the skills required to keep an aircraft serviceable.

I don't know if the need to be on top of the paperwork is stressed enough to RAA owners.  As a guide to what can and can't be done by an owner, this https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017C00094/Html/Volume_4 is very useful. I know that it relates to VH aircraft, but I said it was a guide.

Who has been given instruction on how to complete a log book entry for the airframe or engine so that the entry provides all the information relating to scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and AD compliance? Does this sound like a lot of effort for no reason? All I can say is, "Don't try to sell me your plane if the bookwork is not near perfect. I don't care how pretty your pride and joy is. No records, no sale."

• Like 1

Thanks for that link and I was speaking to an L2 today, who referenced that comment about L1 maintainers and paperwork. If they can't do the correct followup on paperwork on reoccurring AD's and the aircraft's prescribed schedule, you would wonder about the work. The foundation point is that one of a sense of professionalism. Must drive the RAA tech dept nuts.