Red Arrow flies under Paignton Pier.

Great!

Hey, Phil, the best display I ever saw, bar none, was the Red Arrows at Strathallan in the late '70s. I believe they were flying Folland Gnats, the surrounding countryside was lower than the airfield, allowing them to formate and approach out of sight, and at the end of the display they made individual low passes where they lifted to get over the fence at the end of the strip, then dropped down to be almost on the dirt.

It's good to see they're still allowed to get down to the dirt/sand...........)

No it’s genuine all right . You see , you all assumed it was flying at a rapid rate of knots . You are wrong . It’s hovering . Just check the exhaust gasses , there aren’t any , so there you go . It’s the top secret hovering Bae Hawk the RAF tried to keep secret .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, no surface ripples caused by wake.

That and the perfect reflection on a rippled surface...Not to mention the Poms being even more restrictive than than us. If troops can't shoot a Jeremy Corbyn poster without ridicule, what hope have they got flying under a pier?

• Haha 1

Yeah, no surface ripples caused by wake.

There is no water, just wet sand/mud. Low tide, waves are visible near 2nd pile set

But anyway it looks suspicious. And flying fortress under the Coat Hanger is better!

Antonts, if there was sufficient water in the sand to give such a clear reflection, it would have been squeezed out by the wake.

Another thing. Note the shadow of the fin on the fuselage. It would require direct sunlight for such a distinct shadow. Follow the line of the shadow (see yellow line in picture below). This line extends under the bridge. Why is there no shadow of the bridge on the forward section of the fuselage? 

657588803_Hawkunderbridge.JPG.6903b8487d36eac6a944c2a49fbd4df7.JPG

I think that this was a bloody stupid thing to do. . . . . and if it was officially sanctioned, then whoever allowed it is a fecking looney.   This sort of lunacy can only cause inexperienced pilots to do a 'Monkey Sees. . .Monkey does' copycat jobbie. . . . 

Rather rlike the Flight under a river bridge by a spitfire in the BBC series 'Piece of Cake' actually performed by the Late great Ray Hanna in his own Spitfire. . . .. He peformed most of the stunts in that series. . .

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/red-arrow-flies-under-devon-2706620

• Like 1

I think general consensus is that it's a faked photo Phil.

Another nail in its coffin is the reflection.  It's not still water, it's wet sand, so there's furrows and troughs all over the place.  See how the pier leg reflections are all wavy.

Yet somehow the plane's reflection is perfectly straight in every line!

Whoever the editor of the "Devon News" is, they should consider getting their eyesight checked.

I am not saying that this is true Marty.  Perhaps you should take it up with the people concerned. . .

If it IS a true photograph. . .,. . then my comment above still stands..  Unnecessary and Bloody stupid in the utter extreme.  I am not  in the least interested in various Photoshop arguments either.

I shall email the Red Arrows Publicity people and ask the appropriate question.

Yep I don't buy that either:

First, the perspective is wrong, in that the distance between aircraft and reflection is very close, implying that the aircraft is almost on the ground, which doesn't fit with the visible background or the photographer's position (which is not down low).

Second, the reflection is laughably clean and apparently entirely unvarying in colour and texture despite the varying medium it is supposedly reflecting off: observe, for instance, the broken reflections of the piles themselves........

But I enjoyed looking........thanks Phil.........)

Oh...and the reflection would be from the underside of the aircraft, so while the silhouette would be much the same, the surfaces of it would be differently lit.

Eg, while you can see the top of the wing and it is sunlit, the reflection would be of the underside of the wing, and so dark.

Which it aint...............

Probably the most compelling proof this is fake is that the logo circled would have been blocked from the reflection by the wing. The words "Air Force" would not be visible.

175878672_Hawkunderbridgereflection.JPG.98838554e641037544342b1427136ba0.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just one other thing to note is the footprints in the mud/sand

The length of the stride is for a normal size person ( I assume)

If it is a normal size person, then the Hawk (and its occupants) must be about 1/4 scale

I think general consensus is that it's a faked photo Phil.

Another nail in its coffin is the reflection.  It's not still water, it's wet sand, so there's furrows and troughs all over the place.  See how the pier leg reflections are all wavy.

Yet somehow the plane's reflection is perfectly straight in every line!

Whoever the editor of the "Devon News" is, they should consider getting their eyesight checked.

Emailed Roger Kersin Photograpy  ( Devon UK ) and asked if the date of the alleged picture, ie April Ist, had any bearing at all.   ie, Jolly Good Jape ?. . .  No response from his 'Contact Us' page. . . Been 5 days now.

Email reply :

Red Arrow under Pier

Inbox

x

roger yersin <[email protected]>

08:35 (3 hours ago)

spacer.png

spacer.png

to me

spacer.png

Hi Phil, Yes it is photoshopped, wish it was real. Paignton pier is not very tall and the Hawk wouldn't fit under it.

Thank you for your interest

Cheers

Roger

YERSINimages

At least he's honest about it ! ! !

• Like 1