Removing aged reg numbers

Deskpilot

Can anyone tell me how to remove the reg numbers off my t84 boom. I thought they would peel off (assuming they're plastic) but I can't lift the edges enough to try peeling them off. Such a simple thing to ask, but I'm losing patience.

I've just removed similar vinyl lettering from the rear window of my son's car. I used a heat gun to soften the glue and a scraper to lift and separate the lettering from the glass. Same thing should work on the plane. If you don't have a heat gun, try a hair dryer.

And don't get confused and try to use a Playtex

playtex.jpg.18eb4df2339e323942eb78bbfb694caf.jpg

The scraper may damage the boom! You can try placing cloth soaked with thinners then wrapping plastic ( to slow the evaporation of thinners) over the cloth, leave for an hour then clean off. Don't try this over a painted surface or on fabric skins. Don't use heat gun near thinners, dispose of thinner soaked rag by placing in bucket of water 1st( and don't leave in the hangar or shed) to prevent spontaneous combustion.

• Agree 1

Another method is to use a liquid glue and stain remover. I've had success with Pascoe's "Oomph" which is sold in supermarkets. Apart from softening the glue holding the vinyl stickers on the the plane, it leaves a fresh, pleasant citrus smell. Non flammable. Australian made.

OME

• Informative 1

Thanks for your suggestions Gents.

Downunder, Won't work, mine's only 6.5 inch.

OME Never seen Oomph but will look for it next time we shop. BTW, for how long have Kangaroos been wearing pants?

PM, love your sense of safety first. Goodonya.