Running Temperature

Lyle

Hi All.. I have a LightWing GR 582, have recently put a new Bluehead in, I feel it’s running a bit hot. Can anyone tell me what the running Temperature should be. Cheers!

The manual says coolant temp min 65°C max 80°C for the blue head, CHT 150°C at the spark plug seat.

My thruster blue head with the tall radiators sits on 65 always, the old grey head with short radiators would get up to 85 on a really hot day at climb power.

The manual says coolant temp min 65°C max 80°C for the blue head, CHT 150°C at the spark plug seat.

My thruster blue head with the tall radiators sits on 65 always, the old grey head with short radiators would get up to 85 on a really hot day at climb power.

Thanks for the info Thruster 88, much appreciate!

Make sure you aren't losing coolant. The rubber in the cap should seal well enough for all the expanded coolant to return. The usual fix for hot running is a larger radiator with those motors. Nev

Will definitely check that out, thanks facthunter!

List what temp your gauge is showing say at end of climb and general cruise. Then people can comment further.

Thanks Blueadventures for the tip, will keep a record next time I’m up!

Try to bleed all air from the system. It will cause issues (hotspots) If your radiator capacity is marginal the ambient temp will cause a quick effect. Are they completely clean in the core? High % glycol will not cool (Take heat away) as well as pure water does. Nev

• Like 1

Try to bleed all air from the system. It will cause issues (hotspots) If your radiator capacity is marginal the ambient temp will cause a quick effect. Are they completely clean in the core? High % glycol will not cool (Take heat away) as well as pure water does. Nev

Thanks for that info, I will look at the coolant percentage!

I believe Rotax upgraded the radiator cap to a higher blow off pressure at some point. (Should be written on the top)

Might be worth seeing what you have and if it's the right one.

That is a good point, bout to ring Bert Flood now to find out the correct poundage Etc.. Cheers