Savannah first flight

So wanting get back into flying i have started with Matt's flying in  mackay. And never having flown this type and i was a bit reluctant left handed and all that but the up side frees up my writing hand. but that was soon forgotten when we started. I will say its different then what i am used to but a lot of fun.

20191027_101936.thumb.jpg.2021d987b30efb1caf2559d3f131bd23.jpg

• Like 4

Good stuff.  It was a nice morning.  I did a run to Shute Airstrip for a hot chocolate and crossaint with Sandy.  Nice flight up and back, did an orbit over the wet lands just before  Cow Island reporting point as 2 lots of parachuting drops were made. 3 other aircraft went as well and had a nice fly back landing at 1120 hours.  Were you there when the Sav was being preped at about 0740? When's your next flight?  Cheers

Good stuff.  It was a nice morning.  I did a run to Shute Airstrip for a hot chocolate and crossaint with Sandy.  Nice flight up and back, did an orbit over the wet lands just before  Cow Island reporting point as 2 lots of parachuting drops were made. 3 other aircraft went as well and had a nice fly back landing at 1120 hours.  Were you there when the Sav was being preped at about 0740? When's your next flight?  Cheers

I didn't know there was a shop and the shute airstrip till i saw the video from last week.funny story we just came in the gate and i said to the better half that there's no ops till 0800 but still check before you cross. then we saw you coming down one eight. And yes got there about 740. started showing me the ins and outs of the sav. We went above the clouds it was a bit smooth air did some stalls and trying to get some wing down stall going. with not much luck. and now i know about that flap handle. did some circuts and turtle park and then back for snags and watching other people skills and land and dropping tennis balls. i am going next week if Matt is available.  

• Like 1