Savannah S cabin question

Bodie

Quick question here. I'm putting the top lexan roof ribs in over the diagonal cabin tubes, and am wondering if there is one way of doing it that works better than another. One rib doesn't go completely inside the other rib, does it? I just flew with Valter Del Nebbia in a factory built in Fort Worth last week and the top ribs were covered in carpet so I couldn't tell. Thank you in advance! -steve

Document (1).pdf

Hi Steve. My recollection is that one rib goes entirely inside the other, I'm pretty sure that's the case. And if you pair them up on the bench (without the diagonals), I think you'll find they fit together well like that.

I arranged mine so that the visible external edges were inboard: so that looking from outside the aircraft, the edges are less visible. But I don't think there's any right or wrong way in that respect, it's just what I preferred.

FWIW I was also surprised at how well taping them in place initially (as per the instructions) worked. It sounded kinda loose, but when it came to it, they sat firmly in place that way.

• Like 1