Savannah S with Viking 130

Well I did a welcome thread and was ask to open one with this title. I guess some are considering the Viking engine. I bought my Savannah kit a year ago in January and am about 300 hours into the build. I decided on the Viking 130 at the recommendation of a friend who had previously built a Savannah with a Rotax. He loved the airplane but thought the performance could have been better. He sold that airplane and built a Zenith 750 with a viking 110. So as you can see he has experience with both the Savannah and Viking. Anyway I took his advice and here I am. I'll try to catch the forum up with past pictures of my build up to now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

IMG_20180222_113250678.jpg.cdc1c5a3293f91e78145432abf4ceaf7.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did a welcome thread and was ask to open one with this title. I guess some are considering the Viking engine. I bought my Savannah kit a year ago in January and am about 300 hours into the build. I decided on the Viking 130 at the recommendation of a friend who had previously built a Savannah with a Rotax. He loved the airplane but thought the performance could have been better. He sold that airplane and built a Zenith 750 with a viking 110. So as you can see he has experience with both the Savannah and Viking. Anyway I took his advice and here I am. I'll try to catch the forum up with past pictures of my build up to now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I did it backwards and had the engine delivered first.

IMG_20170207_123415561.jpg.694b2794acd2ee542ab94f9bac64e1af.jpg

Fuel tanks almost done. I went with the aux tanks. I like the idea of more fuel. I'm not sure I'm going to like the extra weight.

This was a leak test of the full installation. I used cardboard under the test area to quickly show any drips. None found. I hope it works as well with fuel as it did with water.

IMG_20170508_190931363.jpg.0ef7e1a05d2a0863122b4452a0bb0d11.jpg