Second flight in savannah

shafs64

Agree re the flap handle; they got that bit wrong and haven't fixed it.  Good to hear you got another fly in.

Hi mate.

it was good fun today we headed over to turtle park and got my landings sorted did some engine failures simulated back to the field. then headed back just in time for it to piss down.

No matter how hard you try you wont fix it with the std setup. Its made for smaller europeans

Which may be why I, as a small European, have had no problem with it in nearly 400 hours flying in my Savvy! ?

52 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

I am 6ft 2 and was 150kg..now 105kg and its still a problem

Thanks for sharing Kyle. great idea should come standard with all models.

Congrats on losing all that weight!  I weigh less than 60kg and am 5ft 4in, so I guess that's why I haven't had an issue!

I like your new bracket - but as mine's a factory-built I couldn't really modify.

Do you know of people using electric flaps on the Sav?

Cheers,

Neil

Yes anyone with factory installed twin sticks has electric flaps. The local flying school sav here at Ycab has twin sticks and electric flaps. The std ICP twin stick set is crap too. The sticks are way too short and too close to Jim and the twins. This makes the sticks very heavy to use

• Agree 1

I like the idea of an airplane with no fabric. I probably would have got one instead of a Foxbat except that I did not fit. The seat is not really lowerable.  The flap controls were the least of my problems. I have to console myself with an aluminium airplane with fabric control surfaces, just like a Spitfire or P-51 Mustang. (Actually, the underneath of the wings is fabric, too, on a Foxbat). 

• Like 1

Yes anyone with factory installed twin sticks has electric flaps. The local flying school sav here at Ycab has twin sticks and electric flaps. The std ICP twin stick set is crap too. The sticks are way too short and too close to Jim and the twins. This makes the sticks very heavy to use

Hi Kyle who has the sav online ?

Sorry did you say he wants to get rid of the jabs? So the sav is popular at the school. I also like that that they award people there wings. you don't see that much at flight schools.

• Like 1

Yes he wants to get rid of them so I am told and stay with the R powered ones. The sav is always up. Its almost totally booked out every weekend. I didnt go through CRA I used a local instructor with a sav back all those years ago. Bill Grieve (Aeroskill) is about to stop training very soon i think.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Kyle Communications said:

I am one of the fifty flap bracket purchasers! One additional feature is that Mark has factored in an extra flap position.