Selling the Nynja I’ve never seen.

Mike Gearon

I put the Nynja up for sale. It’s in the for sale section.

Might one day buy it in kit form. Sold on the plane itself. Explained on the up for sale post.

B7E25D81-076E-41C6-B9A9-0D7B2C04696E.thumb.jpeg.9493c469fff93ea11af5328e6ebd34c1.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I’m keeping the Nynja as latest plan. Been a difficult journey for all of us through the covid crisis. Well, still of course going through it. Haven’t seen my wife in 8 months now and never been away so long. Good part has been how safe Taiwan is. Bad part not getting a dose of Australia. Started watching Rake on Netflix in desperation for some Australian accents. Bloody surprised how good it is. Well written and acted. Bloody stupid of course and that’s part of the fun.

Early in the year the plan involved monthly or even weekly trips to the Phillipines from Taiwan and flying quicksilver aircraft with a fun bunch of expats and locals at Angeles. Nights at the Clarkton hotel with pool, quality food and a sleazy nightlife on tap right out the hotel door. I’m pretty boring so tended to swim then work by the pool and finish up with great food and booze served to the pool side tables....happy wife, happy life!

Every few months back to Australia.

That didn’t happen. Just worked in Taiwan in the 2 companies I’m associated with and improving mandarin with 16 contact hours a week and 5 different Chinese teachers. Sort of saved my sanity and some female contact time.. each teacher is a character in her own way. Rounded out with foot and back massages by the gym lap pool. Happy wife, happy life as mentioned earlier.

The good part is my main business activities of exercise equipment and vinyl records are booked out into next year and both businesses right now getting capacity expansion by 50%. Mandarin is a bugger of a language. Always had get around Chinese but not fluent. Still not fluent, barely fluent in English. Written and spoken is haltingly improving. So, can’t complain too much or st all really compared to so much

However, looking forward to end October back to French island for 3 months.

Back the the Nynja. Was always convinced this was the right plane. Just unsure about everything else...Might upgrade to an A32 fuel injected Foxbat at some stage. We will see how the 3 planes settle on French Island. Will purchase the greenhouse mentioned elsewhere and minimal runway infrastructure to test all this.

Vince is happy I’m keeping his plane. Looking forward to catching up and meeting others from the forum.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

• 1 year later...

Now selling the Nynja I’ve seen and flown. 59k. It’s advertised on plane sales and aviation trader. I have a Virus SW 121 to pickup in QLD in a few weeks. Open to offers so if you know anyone wants a quality build Nynja please have them contact me.

Pics yesterday on cross country trip.

4A283F2B-59B4-4919-8A92-83EEAB60E9AE.jpeg

6DD59547-C39E-477D-8239-615EA413E28A.jpeg

Ninja to Pipistrel SW - big jump up!

The Virus outperforms the Ninja at both ends of the flight spectrum - I only know of one other factory aircraft with similar capability, the ATEC Faeta

GA or RAA registered?? 

This one. I really like the Nynja. I’ve just missed the refinement of the Pipistrel I have in USA. A Sinus tail dragger. It’s RAA registered. Belonged to the importer and only has 70 hours. I’d wanted a tail dragger and was talked into this with regard to long cross country flights and landing fatigued as I get older. It’s also a good 100k cheaper than brand new. Into the 300’s new. 130kn cruise and 135kn cruise if I lose the tow hook. Probably leave that in place for resale. These are good for 145kn cruise in tail wheel and configured right. Quite a remarkable aircraft. Add on this one a 17:1 glide , factory built, BRS, full avionics with autopilot and its quite an aircraft!

I really like the panel. 2 top Center steam gauges. How high up and how fast am I?

A2AA705A-5ACA-4942-8AB3-D630E0D6D1E3.png

07B3EB99-2E91-49B1-A318-EF2CE189FBFC.png

Edited by Mike Gearon
  • Like 2