Senate to launch two year enquiry into CASA

mnewbery

Before anyone gets excited, it would be worth searching on the Commonwealth Parliamentary Website to see what RRATs do and how they work.

Note that it refers to GA; SAAOs are self administering.

Balancing safety, relative risk, economic costs is something a lot of people have been asking for.

Australia has a long history of expensive and exhaustive investigations leading to...

government inaction.

I did suggest reading up on RRATs; they are definitely not like Royal Commissions.

There are opportunities to look at details through other processes.

Didn't we watch the honchos from CASA in a Senate Estimates Committee enquiry earlier in the year?

We did, but what most of us watched, or were pointed to was a request by a single Senator to answer an unrelated question, which in the finish irritated the Chairman. If we'd watched the Senate Estimates Committee's full session we'd probably have been asleep from all the financial details.

This is just typical of our government. have an enquiry that takes years and then it takes years to decide what the enquiry found and even longer to reach a decision as to what should be done, by that time it is too late, so we have another enquiry.

If you don't believe me, just think back to the Banking Royal Commission.

• Agree 1

This is just typical of our government. have an enquiry that takes years and then it takes years to decide what the enquiry found and even longer to reach a decision as to what should be done, by that time it is too late, so we have another enquiry.

If you don't believe me, just think back to the Banking Royal Commission.

Read up on RRATs, they are not anything like Royal Commissions.

Have a look on RRAT's recent enquiry into AirServices: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Senate_Estimates/rrat/2018-19_Additional_estimates/Report/c05

RRAT's seems to do a good job, but I think YENN has stated our perception of the value of these enquiries.

• Like 1