Site down this afternoon 24th Feb

Admin

Sorry everyone but as many will have found the site went down this afternoon, in fact every single site on my server went. I am getting too old for this...I was deleting a folder on the server and I went to the folder but unbeknown to me I was still in the root of the server and I deleted every single domain on the server. I contact my server guy who is based in the UK but naturally he was asleep so I had to wait for him to get up and he then was able to restore everything.

So sorry to anyone that was trying to access any of the sites this afternoon

• Like 3

Doing a great job Ian !

We all appreciate your work, thanks.

( come on you guys and girls there's still time to become a financial member of this site. Click on the left hand side where it says site donations and help Ian out ! )

• Like 1

Thanks Mate, but at 60 it is getting harder

I'm over 60 to Ian, and that's why I back you and this site 100%

You have put your heart and soul into this site , and I think it is about time the users of this wonderful resource need to step up and give you some financial support.

What's 50 bucks these days......a meal ..... 12 coffees ?

I subscribe to the local paper and it costs me $16.00 a month online, your site is free!

Come on all you regular forum members get on board, be one of the " Recreational Flying Support Family" it's a good feeling !:thumb up:

• Like 3

Ian, thank goodness you only made a programming error. I thought the hackers had locked up the site and were holding you to ransom!

I notice that the Manheim auction site was hit badly last week, they have utterly destroyed Manheim's auction operations.

Can't help but think it's Karma, because Manheim are the about the greediest auction operators out there, charging fees like $110 just to bid online!

I trust the hackers put a substantial buyers premium on the charge to unlock their site - just like Manheim shafts their buyers! :cheezy grin: