Site overall theme - Pick one

Admin

As we progress through things it is worth considering an overall site theme i.e. colours, fonts etc. I asked @Ahmed Zayed for his recommendations and he suggested a packaged solution. Ahmed did develop the Xenforo look-a-like theme which you can see at:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9156-provision/

However he has also suggested one of the themes at:

https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/

with my family picking the Elegant theme, I picked the Novus theme and Ahmed suggested the Shift theme.

This is extremely important as the site is just basically white with a little blue so, what do you recommend from those above?

Oh and don't forget we will still use the side column menu system we have now

+1 for the Xenforo look-alike scheme. A good scheme has pastel colours, rather than strong bold colours that are hard on the eyes, particularly where there's a number of strong colours providing very sharp contrast.

• Helpful 1

I liked Ahmed's Zenforo.

I prefer the lighter themes; Ortem, Elegant.  I would like to avoid black backgrounds, bold, busy themes & semi transparent.  I want to easily read the forum message.  On forum posts, I prefer to see the OP, rather than just the last poster, and some indication that I contributed to the discussion (so I can follow-up).  I like the idea of the user changing the colour - or is that set by the Site?

• Helpful 1

Thanks however I have had to change it back till Ahmed can look at it as the sub menu isn't showing and that is tied to the main menu which Ahmed developed. Give it a couple of days and it should be back

Love the colour picker (the brush on the side menu).  I have already experimented with toning down the bold blue to a pastel shade which makes the site easier on my eyes, and also gives me an option to change to the colour to suit the seasons.  Thanking you Ian & Ahmed

• Agree 2