Some UK Reading...

np.. It's not a bad magazine.. I personally don't like the issu.com format and haven't read it since it has gone electronic.. which means I will probably cancel my direct debit and again subscribe to Aussie Flying...

I used to have Todays Pilot on subscription, but they were taken over by Pilot and eventually I stopped my subscription. They have some very good articles by good writers, but they also have a load of stuff I was not interested in.

There's one author originally from Today's Pilot who is very good and still writing for Pilot. Magazines here don't cover enough tech and technique for my liking... And their articles are not of enough depth..

• 5 months later...

Agree on the lack of tech pieces in UK Mags and far too much emphasis on personal stories of some awesome trip which generally have the same effect on me as people showing their holiday snaps and describing how great the service was at the Tapas Bar.

Saying that, the last Flyer mag had some good stuff

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

I have swapped toPilot Magazine as they still produce a paper magazine - albeit muchg less quality of paper than previously. I don't have a problem with that personally... But, it is OK... They had a review of... the C150.. .OK -they were re-imagined, engineered, furbished, or whatever the current re- word of the moment is.. but they are still C150s. The article opened with the statement that virtually everyone that has gone down the PPL route has probably flown one.. Well, if that is the case, them why do we need a review on them? I seriously was falling asleep reading hte article as I have numerous hours on them, and the 152s.. At least he could have found an aerobat, did some aeros on them, and written about the challenge of energy managment with them (thanks to Mr Gower, ex of RVAC fame for putting me through a barrel roll on one in my first lesson with him - think I had soloed on PA28s by then)

There was also a review on some other out of production, not particularly classic, nor special, high-wing.. although apparently it has great STOL performance.

In my card was a voucher to subscribe to Aussie Flying.. Just done it...

I don't mind the trip reports - the photos can be great and the route map gives me a bit of inspiration for trips - biut to be honest, I rarely skim, let alone read the articles Unf. Shelly Ross no longer writes for Aussie flying (she has this website, though: https://www.flyingtheoutback.com.au/ ). She had some great adventures, and she is a great writer... Also, Unf, Jim Davies has moved back to South Africa, though I stil llike readign his analyses of accidents, even if they are now from SAF.

Hard to find a good paper magazine nowadays. I haven't subscribed for several years. I used to subscribe to kitplanes but they stuffed up my subscription, said it was not honoured by the bank. Now I get a weekly report from them with good reading and it is free.

We do not have a newsagent in our local towns so I never see what is available, but over the years it has got less and less. Plenty for fishermen or caravaners, but pilots No.

• Agree 1