South East Queensland Airspace Changes

jackc

So, I get an email from RAAus (we all would have). No information except a link to Air Services that I could not find anything relevant?

Sure would help IF we got more information in the email, instead of having to go on a witch hunt?

Me too. I downloaded the new VTC and compared it to Oz Runways before it updated.

The Archerfield/Amberley corridor, Redcliffe/Caboolture and Maroochydore are all affected.

So, I get an email from RAAus (we all would have). No information except a link to Air Services that I could not find anything relevant?

Sure would help IF we got more information in the email, instead of having to go on a witch hunt?

As a PIC you will be expected to be trained and know what to look for/check before each flight.

I foolishly ordered the whole of Australia when CASA sent changes free of charge to anyone who asked to be put on the mailing list and quickly found I was spending as much time unpacking the mail, sorting the documents and dumping the superseded documents for a million places I was never going to fly in my lifetime.

About 20 years ago I talked Department of Transport into loading live documents on their website, so today if you want to check an Australian Design Rule, you know it will be the latest version.

The link provided in the RAAus message is not helpful. I hope the links provided below work OK.

The mysterious Temporary Restricted Area north of Caloundra can be found in the AIC H33/20. It is only in force until the new YBSU runway 13/31 becomes operational, expected 14 June 2020. Because it is fffffreezing in Brisbane with nothing better to do than sit in front of the "confuser" playing with maps, I have plotted the TRA on the VTC in the attached PDF. Obviously only for info!

There is a new 2500' step at the southern tip of Bribie Island that is right on the southbound VFR route to the islands. Also, a whole array of new airspace in the northern Sunshine Coast area (Noosa to Gympie). No longer can you fly down the Bruce Highway at 2000'. Between Cooroy and Eumundi there is now a CTA step at 1500'.

AICs & SUPs here:

Aeronautical Information Package | Airservices

When I received the new paper VTC a few weeks ago (from Airservices via Canprint), there was a flyer included saying that this was the last paper plan they would be issuing. Not sure what this means for those who rely on paper charts. Download the PDF and print out the relevant bits on your home printer? Take the PDF to Officeworks for printing full size?

Link to the charts all available now as PDFs.

Aeronautical Information Package | Airservices

YBSU_TempRestrictedArea.pdf

• Informative 1

Major change for me is the Sunshine Coast airport - New runways opened (13-31)

Bundaberg VNC - Major change to Sunshine Coast YBSU airport and associated airspace ==> https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/aipchart/vnc/Bundaberg_VNC_21MAY2020.pdf

YBSU ERSA ==> https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/ersa/FAC_YBSU_21MAY2020.pdf

F

Major change for me is the Sunshine Coast airport - New runways opened (13-31)

Bundaberg VNC - Major change to Sunshine Coast YBSU airport and associated airspace ==> https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/aipchart/vnc/Bundaberg_VNC_21MAY2020.pdf

YBSU ERSA ==> https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/ersa/FAC_YBSU_21MAY2020.pdf

Flight Services by chance emailed me the info for Bris and Sunshine Coast

SC: https://www.avsef.gov.au/sites/default/files/consultation/pdf/ybsu_ga_final_design_info_pack_april_2020.pdf

RAAus could have easily provided the direct links, but did not? A big slip up of Aviation Safety on their part?

When I received the new paper VTC a few weeks ago (from Airservices via Canprint), there was a flyer included saying that this was the last paper plan they would be issuing. Not sure what this means for those who rely on paper charts. Download the PDF and print out the relevant bits on your home printer? Take the PDF to Officeworks for printing full

I have looked everywhere and cannot find any info on this. Please let me know if you find out more. I would be concerned about using home printed maps as there was no guarantee on scale and measured distances could be wrong. I sincerely hope they don'tdo away with paper maps I actually still use them.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find any info on this. Please let me know if you find out more. I would be concerned about using home printed maps as there was no guarantee on scale and measured distances could be wrong. I sincerely hope they don'tdo away with paper maps I actually still use them.

My bad. I misread the flyer. The info is in AIC H41/19 (PDF atttached). It is referring to the Designated Airspace Handbook only.

a19-h41.pdf

My bad. I misread the flyer. The info is in AIC H41/19 (PDF atttached). It is referring to the Designated Airspace Handbook only.

Phew... Big breath in big breath out.... That said it has been a loooonnnnggg time since I have had to use a DAH in anger!!!