SP2000

rotor

What do you want to know? I've built a SP4000 (same planform just heavier). that just needs its CoA to go. So I know its inner workings intimately,but yet to fly it.

Aircraft is truly composite, with wood,steel,aluminium,GRP & fabric all in there.

Best to just go and fly one at Ballina, I was impressed enough to buy an early kit. aircraft seem pretty tough.

• Like 2

thx apm - I'm a low time flyer and wanted to get an experienced opinion more so on the 2000. I know the 4000 is basically the same aeroplane but the 2000 wouldn't be comparable on a short strip, climb out or cruising - 4000 is heavier and has lots more power ....

I can read all about them on their website - but I'd really like to hear first hand from some one who has either owned one or had a bit to do with them.

Again I can travel down to Ballina as It's only 10-12 hrs away ...... but before I do go spending my time and money driving around the country I'll listen to as much advise (good or bad) as I can get!

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

OK, looks like I'm outta luck trying to gather any information other than the builders specs .........

thx apm, looks like we're the only two that's even heard of sp2000 - not even any off topic here, that'll be a first lol!

Maybe the lightwing owners are just busy, committing aviation.

I'd like to be working on my plane. but 46 in the shade atm, so office with its aircon gets preference.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I fly a gr lightwing cant comment on the 2000 but to say if anything like there high wing sisters they would be a a great aircraft ,

I haven't even seen one up close but they look sturdy not shore i use one off strip, like I do with my but would be a good long distance craft i think

Thx Doug - yes I agree. The GR is a great aeroplane for sure. It's surprising but I don't know anyone that's seen or flown one either!

The SP2000 looks like it would be a nice cruising aeroplane. They appear to be very strong and well built also.

As far as performance info goes. they probably rate similar to the J230 - got lots of room but lack a little performance getting out of shorter strips fully loaded - 600m-700m and also a little slower in the cruise of course.

I intend to venture down to Ballina this week for an inspection.

• Like 1