Sportstar MAX - also in kit!

Guest basscheffers

Guest basscheffers

Just noticed on the main Evektor site (not the aussie one yet) that there is a new Sportstar version - the MAX, an S-LSA with MTOW of 600KG.

But the coolest thing is that they also offer a quick build kit!

SportStar MAX

The MAX is a USA-only aircraft, using wing vortex generators to keep the 600 kg 'clean' stall speed under the LSA limits. In Australia our 600 kgs stall limit is higher and in 'landing configuration' so the SportStar doesn't need the VGs to make the stall speed. The SportStar SL is thus available in Australia at 600 kgs either as a factory built or quick build kit without the VGs.

Guest basscheffers

Do you have any pricing on the SL kit? I can't find it on your website.

I had not heard of a kit at all before, when was that introduced?

The more streamlined bodies of the new sportstars definitely make it look less "comical".

Oy!! You make it sound like a bad thing ??:ah_oh: The 'plus' matches perfectly with me red nose and baggy pants. The big floppy boots are a problem though....i_dunno

You should see the under carriage bend when all 14 of us are in it exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif.....:clown:

SL Kit

There always has been a SportStar kit - we advertised the SportStar Plus kit extensively for a while but there was so little response I stopped the adverts and concentrated on the factory built version.

The SL is available as an E-LSA 90% kit (that's an 'experimental' LSA classification, which means it can never be used for a commercial purpose like flying training). The airframe is complete - riveted and glued/bonded/corrosion proofed. The builder has to add the engine, prop, paint and instruments.

I have e-mailed the factory for a current price on the kit and I'll post it on the website under 'Pricing' as soon as I have it. Last time I had a price, it saved about Au$20,000 on the factory finished price, so you can get an estimate based on the quoted factory price.

Guest basscheffers

Thanks for the info. Probably not worth the savings for many! I was mostly just curious - trying in fact to buy another second hand Sportstar at the moment, just waiting on the bank to get of its butt and make a decision.