Sportstar Vernier Throttle?

Mick

I am trying to resolve a problem with the vernier throttle on my Sportstar that has come about after working great for 1000 hours of use in training. Can anyone out there tell me who makes the vernier used in the Sportstar?

Thanks Camel, now that you point that out I remember seeing that on the Kasper site before.Cheers!

Aust Aircraft Kits, AAK at Taree are agents for their bits according to AAKs website. Olie might be worth a call to see if he has any.

I like the vernier throttle but when I had my Sportstar others had trouble with it as they would try to force it and GA pilots would not even push the button and want to force it, mine never packed up but I watched it like a hawk and when someone tried to force it I nearly broke their hand, really need absolute basic for some people as no appreciation for equipment, I'm a mechanic and a plant operator, I love machinery, some people should not be allowed near it.

• Agree 1

Thanks I will get on to Ollie.

I hear what you say about some people being ham fisted, the aircraft has been doing more hire than training lately which is when things get get busted. No instructor there to watch what is being done. Both air vents have also been broken recently as well as the vernier.

Cheers!

• 10 months later...

Hi Mick,

Yes I won't replace my window vents while my Sportstar is being cross hired, some people are just so heavy handed even when I put on signage on how to use the window vents...

David