Storm Ciara at Heathrow Airport. (09/02/2020)

Phil Perry

I was watching it live , as we were battening down the hatches here too . We had 200mm of rain and 47kts yesterday . Not a good flying day all round it seems . That presenter on the video gets carried away a bit hey . Money to be made on Youtube apparently. Here’s aerkid

Phil - 6 hours and 24 mins of storm-watching and plane-spotting?? Doesn't this bloke understand, the average attention span of the average Yoo-Toober is 26 secs, before they click onto the next vid?? :cheezy grin:

• Agree 1

I agree entirely. I watched around four landings, then fast forwarded a few more ( I didn't watch the stream from the start ) but the bloke's voice and antics broke my cringe threshold in the end. . .

• Like 1

People who actually fly planes in these conditions don't giggle when watching others. they analyse attitude, watch the control movements and wings bend and are glad they are not up there. You can often see some "ordinary" efforts though. It is "limit" flying for the human and the plane. Nev

• Agree 2

I was watching it live , as we were battening down the hatches here too . We had 200mm of rain and 47kts yesterday . Not a good flying day all round it seems . That presenter on the video gets carried away a bit hey . Money to be made on Youtube apparently. Here’s aerkid

Thanks for that Yampy.. I'm glad I wasn't on that flight..

• Agree 1