Four Corners ABC ,Tonight 8:30 MH 370 DOCO

Tonight at 8:30 the programme is dedicated to the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. I'll be watching.

It's a mystery why they would dedicate a program without anything new being known, just a whole series of stuff you already knew but dramatically presented ...

The radical theories on the net are far more entertaining (with due respect), you want hear of them on the TV.

• Agree 1

It wasn't overstated at all but you have to go back next week. Kerry O'Brien does a great job with that show. No politics in that episode unless you regard the Malaysian Governments performance as beyond criticism. Nev

It wasn't overstated at all but you have to go back next week. Kerry O'Brien does a great job with that show. No politics in that episode unless you regard the Malaysian Governments performance as beyond criticism. Nev

I'd like to see more focus on the actual costs of this search - x country, x service body, x civil bodies and some clarity about responsibilities for all the SAR components. I suspect it would make Australia look extremely generous - even perhaps naievely so. Aussies always wanting to rush off to fight someone elses' war, throw taxpayers money at someone elses' problem. We never learn! Can you confidently say that we'd have seen the same SAR investment out of India, or Indonesia for just 2 examples? I think not - regardless of whether they signed up to ICAO etc. The heavy lifting always seems to fall to Western nations. And, often without one shred of public gratitude. I can't see ABC taking this critical approach though - maybe they'll focus on how much more global warming has been created by all our Orions searching the erstwhile pristine Indian Ocean? happy days,

• Agree 6

Indonesia donated a sizeable amount to Qld when the Cyclone happened. A move I felt was tremendous but I feel our capacity to aid is greater than theirs. Their personal individual wealth would be very low.

Would the search activity have anything to do with a senate election in WA ? Of course not. Nev

• Informative 1

Indonesia donated a sizeable amount to Qld when the Cyclone happened. A move I felt was tremendous but I feel our capacity to aid is greater than theirs. Their personal individual wealth would be very low.Would the search activity have anything to do with a senate election in WA ? Of course not. Nev

WA Senate 2nd try....... probably not, it was a foregone result anyway. It has more to do with the powers-that-be in Canberra splashing dollars on 'internationally' reportable events v's domestic and low media interest ones. Having ones' generosity splashed around internationally is important to ones' later career prospects in the UN, or similar. Harsh? I don't think so. happy days

Amazing! I'm going to start a thread , I'll call it 'avocado", and we'll see how long before it becomes a "bash Tony Abbott " thread

Even if you disagree with the policies, I demand our new PM be treated with the same level of respect and intelligent public political discourse as our last female PM was. Oh.....no......hang on a minute......

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Even if you disagree with the policies, I demand our new PM be treated with the same level of respect and intelligent public political discourse as our last female PM was. Oh.....no......hang on a minute......

There is a world of difference between those two one was the problem now we have an attempt at the solution.

• Agree 6
  • Caution 2

There is a world of difference between those two one was the problem now we have an attempt at the solution.

So a personal political opinion justifies the at times appalling slagging off with quite personal insults I witnessed when politics was discussed among conservatives both in my workplace and on social media? There was precious little discussion of the pros and cons of policies. Most of it centred around the size of her nose or ar*e, word plays on her name, and insisting that any bloke who did hairdressing must surely be a po*f.

I've never observed a lower standard of intellectual "debate" from people who think they're pretty cluey in my life......and I didn't even vote for her party! It's actually pretty disturbing listening to 8 year old brains trapped in 40 or 50 year old bodies.

So the standard was set several years ago. It's a bit rich for people to get all huffy about it now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Off topic, but that is what we love about the internet...!!!

I've never observed a lower standard of intellectual "debate" from people who think they're pretty cluey in my life......and I didn't even vote for her party! It's actually pretty disturbing listening to 8 year old brains trapped in 40 or 50 year old bodies.

I have been sorely disappointed about the conduct of our beloved pollies in session for some time (regardless of which team they bat for). Seriously if you walked into a grade 3 class and saw a bunch of 8 year olds squabbling like that, you would think the teacher had lost control completely. It seems that intellectual "debate" and acting with some sense of honesty, dignity, and respect are now mutually exclusive!

• Agree 1

Most of it centred around the size of her nose or ar*e, word plays on her name, and insisting that any bloke who did hairdressing must surely be a po*f..

Maybe you are mixing in the wrong circles I have not seen that sort of stuff posted on here.

So a personal political opinion justifies the at times appalling slagging off with quite personal insults I witnessed when politics was discussed among conservatives both in my workplace and on social media?

And the most disapointing part is the number of ex-Rhodes 'scholars' amongst them! 073_bye.gif.391d1ddfcbfb3d5f69a5d3854c2b0a02.gif

• Agree 1

Maybe you are mixing in the wrong circles I have not seen that sort of stuff posted on here.

No, not on here. Political discourse is generally quite reasonable here, although you do get the odd hint to the contrary!

No, not on here. Political discourse is generally quite reasonable here, although you do get the odd hint to the contrary!

Probably more expressions of frustration with the entire political system and the attendant bureaucracy that they spawn. Sir Humphry is alive and well in Canberra! happy days,