Svetlana Kapanini Aerobatics

Phil Perry

Serious question for the Lady Pilots here, . . .would you need a 'Sport Bra' to maintain security of the upper frontal body whilst pulling 6 Gs in rapid;y changing multiple directions I wonder  ?

( asking for a weird friend )

Some years ago a well known aerobatic instructor around Melbourne told a young lady that she would need an approved aerobatic bra. Before the internet and unable to find a shop which knew about them she rang CASA (its predecessor actually) to ask for the list of approved aerobatic bras.

Sometime later the FOI was talking to Dick: “It was you wasn’t it?”?

• Haha 1

Some years ago a well known aerobatic instructor around Melbourne told a young lady that she would need an approved aerobatic bra. Before the internet and unable to find a shop which knew about them she rang CASA (its predecessor actually) to ask for the list of approved aerobatic bras.

Sometime later the FOI was talking to Dick: “It was you wasn’t it?”?

It was!

kaz

ps. I know some guys who would need chin straps, too ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 1:35 AM, Phil Perry said:

Serious question for the Lady Pilots here, . . .would you need a 'Sport Bra' to maintain security of the upper frontal body whilst pulling 6 Gs in rapid;y changing multiple directions I wonder  ?

( asking for a weird friend )

Phil, I'm not an aerobatic pilot or a female, but Svetlana Kapinina in the video has a five way seat restraint harness and what looks like a parachute harness under that. If they're tightened up correctly, that should do the job of any sport bra.

• Like 1