Target 1,000 members

Ross

Hi Ian

I am going to be away from my computer for a week or so and I will possibly miss the big 1,000 member target event that is likely to occur in the next week or two. :confused:

If so congratulations for achieving it when it does arrive. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif;)

I hope that it is starting to pay you some rewards for all your effort and the innovative ideas that you are introducing to make the site more diversified and interesting to a greater cross-section of people and I thank you for your moderating influence on the site.

Regards

Thanks Ross - yes, isn't it great - the plan I had hoped to achieve this year was 1,000 members by the end of the year and it seems we are going to achieve that a lot earlier, although I am just about to do another cull of old users that haven't logged on for over 6 weeks which will probably drop it down by about 30 or 40.

I know one web site that has over 18,500 members yet it is lucky to get 1 or 2 posts a day. We get many posts every day:

[ATTACH]3107.vB[/ATTACH]

I get paid by seeing the many members exchanging information to help each other. Example my trip yesterday Matt here in the forums told me I was at the wrong alt so when I do that trip again I will make sure that I will be at the correct alt - it's all about helping each other to stay safe, professional and solutions to our maintenance issues - all for FREE.

Sometime within this week you should see the new forums with advanced features come on line. I will have to close down the forums for a couple of hours to do it but it is looking fantastic.

untitled.JPG.b7200f5e68af88b9b7476a03b5e4b07f.JPG

I think a dormancy of six weeks causing erasure is too short. My job requires me to be away at sea for longer periods where the internet is not available. My survey at the end of the year will be 10 weeks. I am not the only seafarer in this community either!

Jack.