Tell us about your last flight

Admin

Doesn't anyone fly any more? Go on, tell us about your last flight...even if it is only circuits...let's get some threads and posts started about our last flight, what did you do, what did you see, what was it like...tell us all so we can envy even just a minute in the air...............

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Last flight was Sunday week ago.... 0.6 hr test flight, air testing a new Sigtronics intercom. After finding the intercom adequate (just), then a few steep turns in both directions, power on and off stalls, a touch and go, a steep sideslip in for a greaser full stop. Packed the Drifter back in it's trailer, where it's sat for the last week due to lack of fuel.

17 November , frustrated by a lack of air time recently, I pushed the trike out for an evening cruise around the local area. Didn't expect anything spectacular, so didn't take the camera. Late in the flight a beautiful full moon rose over the bush to the east in an amazing purple sky. You guys can only imagine what a picture it would have been. I have it etched in my memory 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

Regards Bill

• Like 1

After two months grounded due to work I thought a circuit session was in order yesterday.

Two shockers in a row first up and I was asking myself what Im doing up here, greased the next few and I was over that and planning a pre Xmas cross country.

Friday 6 nov, got the the field about 1730 ( I love daylight saving) ,took off and went for a wander over king lake for a look, then headed over to Yan Yean reservoir , called up Melbourne centre to get a check on my new TXP , then over to Lilydale to see if a mate was still working late, then back to YCEM for a bit of a crosswind landing, all up about an hour , not sure what the boring people were doing but I love being able to do this after work

Matty 096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Great idea Ian, remember when this was what the forum was all about?

My last "flight" was Gladstone to Temora for the Warbirds Downunder airshow. Great show, warbirds galore as you would expect. Grand finale was a formation of Mustang, 2 x Spitfires, Meteor, Sabre & FA-18. Also fitted in catching up with several friends & a baked dinner at Mum's place. 15.4 hours of flying in the Skylark over 7 legs & not one headwind.

For me, flying does not get much better than this.

17 November , frustrated by a lack of air time recently, I pushed the trike out for an evening cruise around the local area. Didn't expect anything spectacular, so didn't take the camera. Late in the flight a beautiful full moon rose over the bush to the east in an amazing purple sky. You guys can only imagine what a picture it would have been. I have it etched in my memory 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gifRegards Bill

The best pictures, Bill, are the ones you take with your eyes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

like most mornings left at 6:30am this morning ,flew the 8nm to Pa's lil 200 meter strip,1 way in,1 way out enjoyed coffee and yak before flying back home..What did I see?

A fire that was fought here a few weeks ago, (I had previously searched for) was spotted by the hwy in #$%^$%^ front yard...looks a bit close to the house I thinks...

nice flight bit rough...

My last flight was an hour long flight with an instructor out at temora way back in April or maybe may, we just flew out and did a few stalls nothing spectacular but still fun, time flys I didn't realise how long it had been.

• Like 1

Got picked up from Bundy Airport in a mates brand new (24.5 hours) RV7 and delivered to Hervey Bay where my RV9A was sitting in the maint hangar with a fresh Maintenance Release "Annual". Flew her back to Bundy with a small detour to the west to look over our property (32 acres) which has just had some tree surgery. She is now sitting in the hangar waiting her next outing.

• Like 1

Last week at Bright. Launched my Paraglider from Mystic, climbed to 4500', crossed the Wandilligong valley, got another climb to cross the next valley then worked my way up a spine to Pyramid where I topped out at 7200', crossed the tiger country into the Kiewa valley with another climb at Tawonga, across the Kiewa valley to Mt Emu where I got a climb to 7600' then glided north towards Dederang without getting another climb. Retrieved by other paragliding mates and had tea at Rois restaurant. Laurie.

image.jpg.ddf74d0283b2a55867d4714577d3bbd3.jpg

• Like 7

My last flight was an hour long flight with an instructor out at temora way back in April or maybe may, we just flew out and did a few stalls nothing spectacular but still fun, time flys I didn't realise how long it had been.

I liked your previous avatar SDQDI, but that's a neat looking plane. When are you gonna tell the people about it?

• Informative 1