The importance of Quality Control in aircraft manufacture

When you sub-contract out the manufacture of parts for an aircraft, you have to be sure that the sub-contractor can meet quality standards. Here's a case where a sub-contractor could not.

• Informative 2

During that war a disturbing number of other fatal accidents attracted little interest and even less investigation.

Perhaps the only reason this accident led to improvements in quality control is the high profile of the victims and the number of civilian witnesses.

• Like 1

Whistle blowers at Boeing have pointed out this same problem with the fuselage former rings which had to be manually altered to make them fit.

In my last few years at work I was very unhappy with quality assurance. it seemed to be a case of tick the box whatever and just hope that the piece was OK.

They just sacked all whistleblowers, and usually blacklist them. That's how it's done. Problem fixed so they thought (or hoped). They really deserve Gaol sentences. You are hiding known serious faults that can cause death or injury, just for profit.. Trammels were being used where it required CAD equipment to keep within required tolerances. Nev

• Agree 1

I personally knew a captain of a large (and Well Known) oil company Tanker who refused to put to sea with No emergency generator serviceable although it's a NO GO item. He was blacklisted and couldn't work in the US or any of it's controlled areas again.. Profit first .Safety ? Nowhere. Nev

• Informative 2