J230 Brakes

quentas

Hi, how do you `J` drivers go landing short field brake wise? I had the experience of having to go around on a short strip recently due to the brakes completely fading to nothing. Are there any better pads available that will take more punishment on the odd occasion?

Cheers

Do you have the dual caliper brakes?

Removing the wheel spats completely can help by helping to cool the braking assembly.

How short was the strip exactly?

500 metres should be ok for a J230 in almost any conditions, even better if grass.

I had a 2nd set of pads sent from the factory late last year and the material was different from that supplied 2 years ago.

Just an observation based on surface appearance, however I have no idea which is best for a quick stop.

The strip was 500m with a xwind and as i found out later, with a slight down slope. I may try taking the spats off if there is little difference in speeds. I like to see all of the wheel in preflight.

Are your disc rotors the ones with the vents/holes or are they solid. ???

When we changed to the vented ones and the latest (last Year) pad material, our brakes improved 3000% and still with the original standard caliper.