Those CT-4s ?

Many here will have seen that 6 or 7 Pacific Aerospace CT-4s were auctioned on the east coast not long ago. It looks to me as if they have all (or nearly all) ended up over here in WA. I live quite near Jandakot, and often see several of them buzzing around. They all have registrations like VH-YCx and I'm sure as I can be that they haven't always been here. Anyone know the full story?

CAsA registry list seven CT4's with VH-YCx rego operated by Pacific Flight Services, but their address is Condell Park NSW. There are also nine registered to BAE Systems, and the address is Tamwoth. Can't help you with WA.

Six of these were in the air again today - a very nice flying day on the west coast. I saw a couple of them land at Jandakot, and interestingly, the crews were all wearing full helmets, in all of them. That was slightly surprising.

And yes I've looked at the register and these ones are all still shown as owned AND operated by Pacific Flight Services in Parkes NSW. Maybe they are being leased by a training organisation here, but if so then you'd think (well I'd think) that the lessee might be shown as the operator. Whatever the situation is, they all seem to be very busy.

• Informative 1

The RAAF Trainning web page shows only PC/9, PC/21 and Hawk 127, so it looks like you jump straight into a PC/9 or /21. Wikipedia List of RAAF aircraft (training section) lists PC/21, Hawk and KingAir.

• Like 1

They are running joyflights, and their Facebook page shows joyflight photos as recently as 08/08/20.

Ah didn't see that - don't use social media. If that's what it is then they seem to have almost created their own market for joyflights. They seem always to be up there in groups - maybe they do mock dogfights or something like that. 4 have just taken off this morning and headed to the training area (depending on wind, the circuit can go almost right over my house). Anyway, they seem to be generating a good level of utilisation. Why WA I am wondering? They could do this almost anywhere.