Top Gun - Maverick

I grew up without a TV (religious parents) - so when they went away for a weekend when I was 16, some mates and I hired a TV, VCR and some videos - including Top Gun.

I remember staying up all night after the others were asleep, just watching it over and over.

Can't wait to see this one!

I feel the need, the need for speed.

Loved the original, as a kid growing up it was the greatest thing ever.

used to sit in front of the family's portable heater/aircon and turn the fan up and down by a lever,

pretending it was the throttle of a jet and the sound was the engines as it roared louder. one of my few vivid childhood memories.

still watch it once a year or so.

never gets old

I feel the need, the need for speed.

Loved the original, as a kid growing up it was the greatest thing ever.

used to sit in front of the family's portable heater/aircon and turn the fan up and down by a lever,

pretending it was the throttle of a jet and the sound was the engines as it roared louder. one of my few vivid childhood memories.

still watch it once a year or so.

never gets old

My sons, now in their forties, used to know that movie word for word, they had watched it so often!

if anything I think the cinematography is going to be amazing, loved the vapour cones on those F18's (?) as they burned down the river (1:41)..

Super Hornets...You can tell by the rectangular intakes. The classic Hornets have oval intakes. I don't know if they are CGI, but I would guess they are supersonic shockwaves.

"I'm too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns".....

The trailer was interesting, but more so the video that followed it - The Nimitz Encounters regarding UFO contact with the US Navy.