Training and building

Johnny H

hi all,

just started my training at RVAC and hope to start building my Sling aircraft soon... aiming to get my PPL and finish the build in 2-3 years.

thanks

john

I have mentioned it before many times but here goes

For best results concentrate on either building or training. Not both. Once the plane is built it will be very unlikely that you will be allowed to learn to fly in it. One exception would be having an agreement with the instructor before hand.

Another issue is learning to fly then taking two years off to build. Skills degrade and a diligent pilot would be doing a few (or many) hours of refresher training before flying their own plane.

More info at

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/checking-off-in-19-reg.53254/page-2#post-414093

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

AND

If you take long enough to build. RAA can change the rules, that you built by.

HummleBird 10-1103 registered 16 Agust 1992, and paid for.

The last HummelBird registered in the 95-10 category

Try as they may they can,t change history.

spacesailor

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, i intend to get my RPL by June and my PPL by December... its a slow build so no set date, I guess by the time i finish in a few years i want to have decent amount of flying time by then.

just started my training at RVAC and hope to start building my Sling aircraft soon... aiming to get my PPL and finish the build in 2-3 years.

Dearly beloved Brethren,

The topic for this sermon comes from Mark 6:24.

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot train and build at the same time.

• Like 1