Travel Restrictions into QLD

Just thought I would consult with the brains trust -

I have a desire to fly (RAA) from NSW - Queensland AND most importantly return the following day. (I am aware of the current 2 week self isolation/quarantine requirement for entry to QLD and have no desire to flout the regulations )

Anyone know if this is legally possible during the present travel restrictions ?

If so what might the conditions of entry/exit be ?

Only for work or valid reason etc you need a pass issued by qld government to cross boarder. Know your flying in. However still could get done.

Only for work or valid reason etc you need a pass issued by qld government to cross boarder. Know your flying in. However still could get done.

Yep! I guess a covert flight (CF -19 kit) could do it but inspecting a potential new aircraft purchase is not worth the risk UNLESS QLD see this as an essential business transaction.

Will you be leaving the airport?

Why not contact the relevant authorities for accurate details.

Specific processes apply for those entering through airports, who will be required to provide certain information including:

• Personal and contact details

• The address where they intend to stay in Queensland

• Information about where they have travelled in the last 30 days If a person is entering Queensland from another State or Territory by air in order to transfer to another flight they are allowed to enter Queensland, but must remain in the airport until the time of a transfer to another flight, or self-quarantine in a hotel until the other flight.

The trip time from central NSW to central QLD plus quite a few hours of inspection, document scrutiny, etc, will require an overnight stay befor returning along the same/similar rout. I cant see remaining within the airfield boundary/bedding down in a rural airport for the night being a practical proposition, even if given permission to do so.

I have floated the idea of meeting, at a suitable airfield, on the NSW /QLD boarder - this would be a day trip for both parties (remaining within the airfield boundary), however this does not seem to have found favour.

And

Now it seems, when travel is allowed,

Some one has changed the Common names that we will be looking for !.

"Frazer island to be called by it,s native name "

Norman, in the gulf now " Karuba " (thats old news ).

spacesailor

The Qld border is still closed but this may change in coming weeks. Why not delay the trip till it is open, then no problem.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the local police. It seems a C172 had flown from NSW (supposedly S Grafton) to Toowoomba & Qld police had requested information. It turns out he gave them a completely BS story of Flight Training at S Grafton but due to the pandemic training had dried up & he was returning the plane. The cop I spoke to had no idea. He thought all flights had to have a flight plan & said the guy told him because he was lower than 5000 feet he didn't have to file one. I told him there was no such rule. I don't know where this went but it does show that they are keeping an eye on things.

• Informative 1

The Qld border is still closed but this may change in coming weeks. Why not delay the trip till it is open, then no problem.

Way too sensible - here I am, wanting to check out a potential new aircraft and the poxy CV-19 is in the way. Very hard to maintain/keep a lid on the excitement.