Two birds one set of wings

Don J

Hi all. looks to have been about a year since a post was added to this area? I'm from North Dakota in the US and I have this KR-2 and a built fuselage for a slopped firewall Taylor-mono. as you can see the picture is nearly 8 yrs. old. I got Diehl wing skins with the purchase of the planes and have decided to build new wing's for the KR. At this time the Taylor-M is ready for the WAF to be mounted on the airframe and I was studying the print's for both planes and find to my surprise the airfoil,cord length Ect. is the same. So I'm going to attempt to take the KR wing's and mount my root WAF on the Taylor-M to be able to use the wings. Aileron controls are built the same and the new wings will have fuel cells, both planes have small header tanks (6 gal)

699366381_kr24.jpg.39c125c7dcf2195fa4d319de411192d9.jpg

1146896213_kr22.jpg.3fe0936504e1e41a324f14b9fabd7ef7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

and I came up with a new idea. 4 cyl. diesel Thermo King engine, Max Rpm 2800, prop will love it. I think it can be cut down to 220lb. and then maybe add a turbo. So on a KR-2 you have to add a little Aft C.G. bit longer take off roll, land a little hotter. don't matter whats up front as long as you got the room?